Is tartarus a black hole?

by Tyrone van leyen 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Although I find it extemely difficult to beleive the bible, I was wondering one night, what in fact, tartarus might be. The witnesses beleive that Satan and his minions, will be cast into what is described as a pit from which he cannot escape. Obviously, a spirit creature could escape from anything in the material world, as they are able to transform themselves just as the fathers of the nephilum did before the flood. So in order for a creature that consists of pure energy to be held captive, I asked myself what criteria would a prison for a spirit have to be like. The laws of physics do not apply in black holes and they are so powerful they can even trap light, which is a form of energy. This seems to meet the criteria. But what about when satan is to released after the thousand year reign without his influence on the earth. How can something be freed from a black hole? And then it hit me, the only way anything escapes a black hole is when the event horizon shifts. Could god himself shift the event horizon? I mentioned it to a couple of witnesses years ago. This idea came from me I never read this anywhere. Of course, I was laughed at by these brain dead clowns but did anyone ever have a similar thought.

• blondie
    blondie

When I was a kid I thought "tartarus" was the stuff I put on my fried fish.

• merfi
    merfi

This word always made me laugh. It sounded like a word to describe tartar sauce gone to funk...

As for the JW version of Tartarus, I think it's just another made up thing.

~merfi

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

For some reason, when you are mad at somebody, saying... "GO TO TARTARUS!" ... just doesn't get the job done.

The Bible sure doesn't give any clues what Tartarus is, but I'm guessing it is a fancy way of saying, a state of nothingness. I find it hard to believe that Satan would go along with such a plan. He is to be bound and thrown into Tartarus and then after the 1000 years, he is to be let lose in order to trick as many as he can into joining up with him for one final rebellion. What a stupid plan!

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

No wonder everybody laughed at me everbody thought it was fish sauce!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    The witnesses beleive that Satan and his minions, will be cast into what is described as a pit from which he cannot escape. Obviously, a spirit creature could escape from anything in the material world, ... The laws of physics do not apply in black holes and they are so powerful they can even trap light, which is a form of energy. This seems to meet the criteria. But what about when satan is to released after the thousand year reign without his influence on the earth. How can something be freed from a black hole? And then it hit me, the only way anything escapes a black hole is when the event horizon shifts.

You've been watching too much Doctor Who!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Impossible_Planet

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Satan_Pit

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

well, well, well, thank you. I never saw that before but now I see at least others have had the same thought. I guess there's nothing anybody can think of that hasn,t been thought of before. If it insults your intelligence or you can't handle the fact that I came up with that from my own mind too bad! I'm not a trekkie but obviously you are.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

So tell me about the episode if you don't mind, leolaia. Does it match my ideas? Is that supposed to be a black hole in that picture.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Hello, I'd like to know, that you know what you are talking about. I'm actually flattered regardless of what you think, if that show matches what my thoughts were. You don't know me, sir. You are simply implying that I stole these ideas. Do you not think people are capable of coming up with the similar thoughts? Or is this just an ego issue with you? I do not mean to get confrontational, but you are not giving the benefit of the doubt. You are obviously an intelligent person yourself. I don't have a problem saying that, and I don't even know you. I was hoping to attract intellects to this query, not egomaniacs. Although some people don't know or care what tartarus is I don't berate them. In fact, I found the first 2 comments hilariuos. How can I prove that those ideas were mine? I can't .DOES IT MATTER? no. BUT MY CREDIBILITY DOES! You could have phrased it like this " Well Tyrone, You may not know this, but I have seen this idea before in a popular science series on television' and that would have been the end of it. But you assume you know peoples motives and you are going to root them out. Sorry dude but that's an elder mentality, were you ever an elder. Be honest now. I don't know, so I won't say but it sure seems like it. OH AND FINALLY, GUESS WHAT YOU DON'T SCARE ME!!!!!!!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Yeah it's pretty close, except the black hole isn't where the prison is. Rather, the Beast (= Satan) is imprisoned in an abyss on a planet orbiting the black hole. The beings who imprisoned him set up a gravity field that counterbalanced the pull of the black hole. Should the Beast ever escape, the gravity field would be broken and the black hole would suck up both the planet and the Beast. But eventually human beings came to the planet and settled a mining colony, and this allowed the Beast to let his spirit escape and possess one of the humans and orchestrate an attack by the Ood (squid-faced aliens) which would force the humans off the planet, carrying the Beast with them. But the beings who imprisoned the Beast also arranged for the Doctor to come to stop him by breaking the gravity field, which he eventually does...and the black hole sucks up both the planet and the Beast. The Beast also planned for this eventuality by putting Rose in fatal danger should the Doctor break the gravity field, but the Doctor takes a leap of faith and does it anyway....and manages to save her too.

A pretty good (and really creepy) episode.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit