Is tartarus a black hole?

by Tyrone van leyen 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

I DIDN'T THINK THERE WOULD BE A RESPONSE. BYE NOW.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    You are simply implying that I stole these ideas. Do you not think people are capable of coming up with the similar thoughts?

LOL...I was pointing out the episode in good humor, tongue in cheek. I never seriously thought it was anything other than a coincidence. Maybe I should've put a little smiley after the comment so you would've realized this. Because you're really taking this the wrong way.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Well I'm humble enough to take it back then. I'm sorry but it got me very defensive. Your comments in this light, have been very much appreciated. I think and hope we will talk in the future. This humility on both our parts should keep us from locking horns and we did it all without elders, councilling or jehovah.lol

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Just in case you are not aware of what tartaros was in Greek, especially Orphic, mythology:

http://www.albany.edu/faculty/lr618/1hell.html

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

No kidding. Your name sounds Greek too. Interesting that this might have been borrowed by a bunch of jews sitting around a campfire telling lies. Have you ever heard of a term called mythra.I beleive It was a hellenic religion that preceeded christianity by 400 years and almost completly mirrors the basic tenents of the gospels. It was almost as if the Jews were so tired of getting hammered by the romans that they took the basics of that religion and adopted them with a few twists so the romans would leave them alone. When the first of the gospels were written that was almost 460 years after this religion. Plenty of time to forget about where the ideas came from. Not only that just take a look at the inconsistancies in the gospels.

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Are you talking about Mithraism? It was a hellenistic religion that worshipped the god Mithras. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mithras

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Yup that's it. I wasn't sure of the spelling long time since I read about that. I think if more people knew about the origins of their beleifs.They would cease following them. But then again, look at the witness. They can easily check their origins and it's only been 130 years. What a convoluted mess of lies it seems man needs to sustain himself.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Imissed your earlier link but that was fascinating , It will probably take me a while to digest it though. So knowing all that from the link what is your conclusion on god , the universe and everything. How did you find al that out. Does it shake you a bit? You must be a great skeptic. I know greek orthodox however actually beleive in plenty of myths

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    was laughed at by these brain dead clowns but did anyone ever have a similar thought.

Yes i have several times over the years,but would not have the courage to post a topic on it.

Love physics and Dr WHO too.

• kid-A
    kid-A

"Sorry dude but that's an elder mentality, were you ever an elder. Be honest now. I don't know, so I won't say but it sure seems like it. OH AND FINALLY, GUESS WHAT YOU DON'T SCARE ME!!!!!!!"

Um, time for a "psycho alert"..........Did you forget your lithium this morning, buddy?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit