Why aren't the 144,000 put to a greater use?

by RULES & REGULATIONS 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

We've been told that the 144,000 are providing the ''SPIRITUAL FOOD'' and that there are a little over 8,000 of them on earth today. Every prayer that is ever given,they are thanked for providing the "SPIRITUAL FOOD".

If that is the case ,why does the food(yum,yum) only come from New York? Why is the writing look like its written by sixth graders? Why aren't they giving talks all over the world? Why didn't I ever see one at my kingdom hall? Why aren't they taking the lead in the ministry work? If some of them are female,why can't they be ministerial servants,elders,and be in on judicial meetings?

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

Maybe its because they don't really believe all of them. They think a lot of them are just crazy nuts.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Okay, in order to do what you are asking, the Governing Body has to
    share the limelight with these 8,000 or so people. They truly don't believe
    that hardly any of them are anointed (assuming they actually believe the
    doctrines are true). If they did start sharing the limelight,
    there a bunch of older JW's who would suddenly get the inspiration that
    they too are anointed, and should now join the tour. We could see
    the number of anointed climbing and climbing.

I read these threads and I am totally amazed at myself. How could I
    ignore such valid questions and not think of these things on my own?
    Their organizational charts show that they are just a part of the FDS,
    so why are the FDS virtually ignored? I think I used to make the excuse
    to myself that they were too old, now- probably more in the limelight when
    they were younger.

I can't believe I fell for this crap.

• sspo
  • sspo
    sspo

Jehovah only beams light down on brooklyn

• kid-A
    kid-A

Why is the writing look like its written by sixth graders?

>Because Jehovah was'nt allowed to go to College.

Why aren't they giving talks all over the world?

> Because all 8000 of them are being stored in these PODs in the basement at Bethel:

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The WBT$ is about to put the 144,000 to great use!..It was voted on and passed..As each member of the 144,000 dies,they will be buryed in the Kingdom Hall parking lot,1foot above the ground..They will be used as speed bumps at Kingdom Halls around the world...OUTLAW

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

kid-a & outlaw

Those are funny!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

If it's any consolation the WTS doesn't put Jesus to much use, either, prefering to use "Jehovah" as the regular cudgel.

The Brooklyn penthouse has no need for personal wealth as a motivation as they live in comfort. Power is the name of the game, making six million people jump to their whim...

• Poztate
    Poztate
    If some of them are female,why can't they be ministerial servants,elders,and be in on judicial meetings?

OMG...You must be one of those POZTATEā„¢ people.. You must realize that NOBODY that doesn't have one of them dingly dangly things between their legs will amount to anything.

I think the "real" explanation offered by the WT was that (MOST) 99.9% of the remnant served the best by being such a good example to the rest. They have served as an inspiration to us all.

WELL...Except for those who turned apostate or dropped out since 1935 and had to be replaced. The number is STILL over 8,000 but the FULL number must be much,much higher.

Every person selected since 1935 according to them is a replacement so if you signed up in 1936 to2006 you were REPLACING the dropouts. If you add up the numbers replaced would 100.000 REPLACEMENTS be out of order??? I don't think so.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit