Another Good Question...

by Justice-One 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Justice-One
    Justice-One

I just pissed off the wife again. I asked her that since the Governing Body admit they are NOT inspired, WHY is it considered wrong to question their dictates?

As usual, she got mad and told me to keep those thoughts to myself.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

You see, they are God's prophet, but they aren't inspired. They are God's Channel of communication, but sometimes God tests them by giving them bad information. Dubs just have it both ways!

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Man they got it good, don't they? They don't have to worry about getting anything right since they aren't prophets, but they can demand, and receive, complete obedience from the mislead faithful.

• sspo
    sspo

At least she did not take you before the elders

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

You cant rock the boat or people start to panic.

• carla
    carla

My jw says it is because we are supposed to listen to our 'leaders'. I then ask, aren't we supposed to follow in Jesus' footsteps? yes, didn't he question and admonish the 'leaders'? no response.

• Amazing
    Amazing

Justice,

A good bok to ask JWs about is: The Nations Shall Know that I Am Jehovah - How? (1971). Chapter 4 says that they are Commissioned to Speak in the Divine Name. When you read the chapter, you will find that they claim to be a Prophet (class) greater than the Prophet Ezekiel. For the FDS is the fulfillment or anti-type of the first Prophet. Thus, by this, they claim inspiration, and speak in Jehovah's Name. However, because they have spoken false prophecies (or prophecies that failed to come true), then Deuteronomy 18 comes into play by telling God's people to reject the false prophet, and not be afraid fo them. But then the FDS/GB are not inspired, but then then speak truths that carry the force of beings DF'd if we fail to believe them, but they are uninspired ... oh ... I am getting dizzy.

Jim Whitney

• Honesty
    Honesty

Justice-one:

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Let me explain. These dozen men in Brooklyn- they are always right, even when they are wrong.
    Jehovahs uses their human imperfect thinking to bring light to His purposes.

The ancient Bereans did consult the scriptures to verify that the things Paul was teaching them
    were accurate, but they did not try to "prove him wrong" or "question every statement." I know you
    might object and say the scriptures don't give us such details, but the dozen men in Brooklyn
    said this, so it must be true. So even those who seek truth, do so with faith in Jehovah's
    earthly representatives. Jesus wouldn't choose them unless they had your best interests in mind.

If the current understandings ever need "adjusting," then Jehovah will reveal the needed adjustment
    to his dozen men in Brooklyn. Wait on Jehovah and all your concerns will be addressed.

So now that we have cleared that up, you have a complete understanding. Just to make sure,
    I better go back and add a few barely relevant scriptures to my statements above.
    This is the short answer to your question- eventually I would get around to saying "Did you
    forget the original question, yet?" Did I mention that cult leaders are never to be questioned
    by cult members?

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

The answer to "why"....

Yellow picket fences are far tastier than cold steaks on Saturday morning, the day after a blue moon.

Got it? hehe

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit