Sinus problems

by Wordly Andre 35 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

I have had sinus problems my entire life, recently a friend told me about this sinu-cleanse thing, its a sinus cleansing treatment that you can get at CVS pharmacy, its pretty cool, its a little pot that you mix warm water with saline solution and put in one nostral and it drains out the other, the first time I used it I had a bad sinus head ache and thought well I will give this thing a try, so I mixed it up and did the treatment, blood clots and pink then red water started coming out of my nose, and after I noticed my headache was gone, I could breath great, and felt a lot less pressure in my head. This thing is pretty awesome!

just thought I share with all of you.

sorry if its a bit gross

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

My Grandson did this..he made his own. He is 16..his Mom wouldn't let him do it with Sea Salt..(Recommended) or uniodized salt..he just used plain water.

He saw it on the computor and made one himself as he has a lot of allergies which clog his sinus.

It is referred to as a Netty Pot on the computor..

Snoozy..

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

I got mine from CVS pharmacy, there is a coupon at http://www.sinucleanse.com/ $2.00 off I paid 11.99 for mine, well worth it, it came with 40 packets of saline poweder, the pot and a mixing spoon, I slept great last night and even took it with me to the office today and used it after lunch.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Andre,

know nothing about this but will tell you my son when he was a little boy became sick with a cold, wound up getting a horrible fever and was not coming out of it. .....We took him to the hospital and he collapsed and was there for a week, no one had a clue to his very high fever. They kept him on asprin and liquids. etc. Finally one day he sneezed and....I won't go into it, but there was a huge sinus infection that was not diagnosed that his own body got rid of. He recovered within 12 hours after that and was able to come home.

I think the sinuses are very sensitive and can create horrible problems.

What you describe kind of sounds what happened to my little boy.

r.

• MadTiger
    MadTiger

Also called "nasal douching."

I am supposed to do this at least once a day my allergies and sinus troubles are so pronounced. I forget, though.

I have my own little homemade contraption as well.

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

Andre,

I'm grateful to read about this. I've had awesome headaches nearly all my life. I'm in good shape otherwise, but I have to wear a cap at night when it's chilly, or I wake up with a headache. Some days, even in summer, I don't dare drive with my window down due to the discomfort that even a small breeze can bring on. The only way I knew to deal with the headaches is by taking Tylenol specifically for sinus problems. I'm disappointed that doctors haven't recommended anything better. There have been times when I got only minor relief. I'm going to give your "prescription" a try. Thanks.

Frank

• hubert
    hubert
    I don't dare drive with my window down due to the discomfort that even a small breeze can bring on.

I just got over a cold, and 2 days ago, I drove with the window open half way, and lo and behold, I have been getting sinus drainage, coughing and scratchy throat at night, even using 3 pillows, which I always use, to sleep. Sound like I got what you got.

I'm going to get some of that stuff, and thanks for the 2 bucks off, too.

Thanks, Andre, I just printed out my coupon.

Hubert

• BrentR
    BrentR

I can also vouch for the sinus lavage technique. It's not a permanent cure but makes life a whole lot more comfortable. I also use a nasal atomizer with sea salt saline several times a day. It flushes out and moisturizes at the same time. I was reading that alot of sinus problems are fungal and that is why antibiotics don't always work.

Sinus headaches really, really suck!!!!!!

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

In France, when I was there, I discovered that some doctors prescribe sterile sea water for sinus problems.

You can actually buy canisters of it that will squirt it up your nose. Some people swear by it. There is also a resort in the mountains to the south where there are sulphurous springs. peoples ear and sinus problems have been cleared up after a time there.

HB

• skyking
    skyking

Just tried it. I have a ear that allways feels like it is under water. When I tried this I could hear the water making crackling sounds. This might help me alot. Thanks

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit