Sinus problems

by Wordly Andre 35 Replies latest watchtower medical

• 10p
    10p

Aw come on, its not so bad - its actually kinda nice once you get over the initial hurdles ...

It's sure a lot better than antibiotics! I just did a pot an hour ago, and my nose feels so much clearer!!!

And neti pot+Iphone/Treo = Nerd.

BTW, I have a Treo too. DOH.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I have a neti pot, but no iphone. Dose that make me half fool? Heehee. Using it reminds me of when i used jump off the diving board and get water up my nose.

S

• White Dove
    White Dove

As I'm reading this, I'm sitting here sniffling and sneezing and talking like I hab a teedible code. It's Alergies to spring. I'm getting one of these.

My yoga instructor showed us how to use it, but I thought that was the weirdest thing I ever saw.

Now, I'm desperate enough to try it. I'll give it a try every morning and every evening to honestly see if it works. I really have no doubt.

I'm just afraid of the drowning part, but if I just pretend that I'm changing a diaper and breathe through my mouth, then no problem:) Thanks so much for the idea!

• chickpea
    chickpea

we have been using neti pots for over 20 years.... one kid had wicked allergy issues and sinus involvement and the other one had asthma exacerbated by allergies..... they were helped immeasurably by regular use of the neti

the query about why ya dont drown? the water is directed into the sinuses by tipping the crown of your head toward the sink, turning it to one side or the other, whilst pouring the saline water into the uppermost nostril, so the water never enters the lungs..... the water will move thru the sinuses and run out the lower nostril

here is a link to a step by step http://www.jalanetipot.com/how.html

one thing about allergic sinusitis......if you are allergic to pollens or environmental pollutants, wash your hair before you go to bed if you have been outside...... the allergens that are in your hair get on your pillow and you can be rubbing your face in it all night long!!

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I had to write this big so people will get it.

This stuff works!!!!!!!!!!

I just had the begining of an attack and ran to CVS. Got the squirt bottle and within 10 minutes my sinuses were clear and pain gone.

Thanks for this info.

• GetOverIt
    GetOverIt

I may have to try that. This has been the worse allergy season for me since my early childhood. I wake up with bloody nose more frequent than not, and maintain a presistent sinus pressure headache. Thanks for sharing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit