I've recently made the decision

by Polishedgloss 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Polishedgloss
    Polishedgloss

which i think you guys call a fader...So far i'm pretty much got away with it. My close family are in the truth love them to bits and I seriously dont want to alienate them- My story is a positive one, they have accepted that i dont go to meetings anymore and although they arent pleased they accept my viewpoint. I am not a bitter ex-witness, i enjoyed my time meeting people while I was a witness although a lot shunned me after and a few years before i went 'public' I was just wondering how people live there lives when 'going into the world' do any here think there is a resurrection hope? My father died when I was a young boy, and probably the only reason why I hadnt made the decision sooner was because I thought I might never see him again if I wasnt a witness (ironically he himsel wasnt a witness) I'm enjoying spending time with people who really want my company rather than people who i did share beliefs with. I'm enjoying not going asocial I'm enjoying meeting girls that I really like rather than girls that I have to like because only they share my beliefs. I think I will post again all I can say is I am not bitter- my only disappointment is the fact that several of my so called friends have ceased ties with me simply because I dont go to meetings - how very christian...

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Cant misinterpret love, by their fruits you will know them. Glad to see you here enjoy the forum, welcome aboard. Looking forward to your thoughts.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Welcome to the forum, and good for you that you have managed to fade away and still keep family ties. Many here are not as fortunate.

The "friends" who shunned you proved not to be real friends, eh? The JW's are trained to place a condition on friendship. If a person is assessed as 'spiritually weak', they are gradually pushed to the edges rather than helped. If that's friendship, the sun is a purple square in the sky.

The way the JW's use the resurrection hope, it's a two-edged sword. It's used to hold out hope to those who desperately miss a loved one, and yet they will also say that if you become unfaithful to the organization (even in your private thoughts), you will LOSE out on the resurrection yourself. They twist it to try to promote loyalty to their brand of religion.

Good decision for your life - to get away from such control-freakishness.

• twinkletoes
    twinkletoes

WELCOME to Polished Gloss and Avid Bible Reader, its so good to have you join the board, it heartening to see so many newbies joining this forum.

I Look forward to hearing more from you.

Twinkletoes

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Thanks for the welcome aboard. I am enjoying this, gives some good insight on matters and makes you know that you are not alone in your experiences or thoughts. Thanks again.

• PoppyR
    PoppyR

Well done on your sucessful fade!

As to the resurrection hope.. no I dont have any faith now. But it has been hitting me just lately that a lot of witnesses hang on to what they have because they have no idea what to do otherwise! It can be a scary world going from having everything sorted for you, right down to what to wear, your career choice, marraige partner, recreation etc, and why worry about anything when the end is so close!

Each to their own, there are people on this forum who still have very strong faith, and I kind of envy that, but I cant reconcile God with what I see in the world.

Poppy

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi Polishedgloss, and welcome to the forum.

I am happy for you that you are able to fade successfully,

Personally, I am da'd, and no longer believe any of the jw beliefs.

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

Nice to have you on board! Welcome!

Swalker

• codeblue
    codeblue

Welcome

• voltaire
    voltaire

You sound like you´re on the right track to me. It´s great that you´re not bitter. I understand those who are are angry or bitter. It´s probably a normal part of the grieving process. You´ve lost a big part of your life and that can take some healing. Perhaps you can pass the angry phase and get on with your life sooner.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit