Questions for our brand 'Newbies'

by LDH 28 Replies latest jw friends

• LDH
    LDH

Could you please tell us all how long you lurked before you decided to join us?

And if I missed anyone, I'm sorry. WELCOME.

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

I lurked for 1/2 hour then joined. I've been here since May 15. Venice told me about the board (and Tishies) in Yahoo! chat.

Now I'm a Jedi and I can put my underwear on with no hands.

Slipnslidemaster: "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

- Ben Franklin

• conflicted
    conflicted

I found this site via Freeminds, lurked for a day, and began posting the next.

• JBean
    JBean

Lurked so long I can't really put a timeline to it! Finally decided that this board was pretty safe and wanted to join in. I need to tell you all that it IS SO TRUE: there are those affected by what you say and your opinions and it makes people THINK!!!! (Even those of us who cannot, for one reason or another, commit to anything at this point in time!) I really believe that there are more JW's out there who are questioning big-time than we'll every really know about.

• joelbear
    joelbear

Do I get to be counted as new every time I pitch a fit, declare my renunciation and then return humbled once more?

snugs

Joel

• Quandary
    Quandary

I lurked for over a year.

I concur with JBean's comments!

• Rizzo
    Rizzo

Hi all :)

I found this site a couple of months ago after doing a search for JW's on Lycos.

I registered last month (i think!) but only made my first post yesterday in the personal experiences forum.

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

I performed visual reconnaissance of this site and many others for approximately two years before joining.

• Englishman
    Englishman

Two minutes.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be....

• cosmo
    cosmo

did visual inspections for about a week, then joined

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit