My first birthday celebration since I was little!

by kitten whiskers 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Have a super day and hope your little one's christmas special goes splendidly. Enjoy the celebrations kitten whiskers! Glad you have family on the outside to share this with.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I celebrated mine again on the 4th. It was novel when I first left the WTS, but now I think it's mainly for the kids, and maybe the decade markers of adults. Of course that could be because I never really had the ritual of it growing up, having had nothing to look forward to but the big A

Happy Birthday!!!

• kitten whiskers
    kitten whiskers

Thank you I just got a call from one of my grandmas and my daddy. He called and said "hey old girl" and told me a little bit of what the weather was like when I was born and that I was a morning baby. Sounds the same as when my daughter was born. Horrible winter weather conditions that make you question if you'll make it to the hospital or be stuck in a snow bank delivering in the car!!!!!
    I think I'm going to get an ice cream cake from dairy queen. A winter baby needs a cold frosty cake! And I think I'll take my gift money and but a new purse to put in the new wallet my hubby bought me ( I either get it for b-day or xmas, not sure.) Then everyday I'll be using something to remind me of the specialness of our new holiday celebrations! I think Thursday we'll go out to eat and see a movie to celebrate. Yes, I'm a simple mom. I love it. But I hate that I can't toast with an alcoholic drink, I'm allergic to alcohol. (Makes the scripture about the banquet flowing with wine and well oiled dishes sound even better---I'll get to have a drink!) So maybe a nada virgin drink will be in the picture. Thanks for being the loving friends you are!
    Kitten Whiskers

• kitten whiskers
    kitten whiskers

Still having trouble getting my paragraphs to show up and the emoticons to work. Sorry.

• kitten whiskers
    kitten whiskers

LITTLE TOE: I Sooooooooo hear you! Happy be-lated Birthday to you!!! It is like being a fish out of water trying to figure out how to feel and how to mark it. I am glad we can give the kids memories. I am learning a lot by watching the other parents at school and what they do for their kids. We spent a lot on their first celebrations, but I think that will tone down a bit. I am glad they don't seem to be having any problems seeing how intensely I brain washed them as babies. I remember how much I wanted to celebrate our daughters first birthday. It broke my heart not to. I'll try to remember how I felt and how glad I was to have her I just felt the NEED to celebrate her life and the blessing for having her. I guess that's it. Celebrate our life and the blessings we have. Happy Birthday Little Toe

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Happy Birthday kitten whiskers!!!

Have a wonderful day!!

Linda

• Legolas
    Legolas

http://members.tripod.com/~star_43/bevs/sham3.gif

Have a great day!