circuit overseer demands elders destroy my records

by Tyrone van leyen 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Legolas
    Legolas

Welcome to the board!

• jgnat
    jgnat
    Do other religions keep such extensive records?

No! Nazi Germany did. So did the old Communist regime. When freedom came to East Germany, there was such an uproar. Because every time a householder finked on their neighbour, the bureaucrats made up a file. When freedom came, they could know who finked out whom.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I have one quick question, Im either confused or Im reading something wrong in your post. You mentioned that you have only been in field service once? Is that correct? If so, how did you ever manage to get baptized without turning in time as a regular publisher? Thanks, Dave

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

actually in the uk and i think in europe the data protection act does not allow for any detailed records to be kept in kingdom halls...it may well be that the c.o was merely annoyed that the elders in this hall had not complied with org/legal procedures

i do know of a case where someone had been applying for reinstatement for 14 years and the elders kept refusing...the c.o (personal friend of me..well ex-friend now i guess) told the elders that if they didnt reinstate him..(the df mans wife went to the c.o. for help) then he would have them all removed...for fear of their positions he was reinstated.

another classic example of jahs chariot constantly on the move for justice sake..

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

When I was in my late teens they were starting to put the screws to my brothers for baptism and I was next. I refused although they pressured me to pick someone to study with. But the baptism never occured. I did something outrageous and out of character but I don't know if this is the right place to explain it. I have written a full account of what happened in my life and it gives a very good overveiw of why I did what I did. I'm mot sure where to post it or if I should post it. So in short, what happened was I simply tried to fade due to the shame and hostility and my father dragged me back to these fuck wits to face the music. I don;t think it lasted 5 minutes and my life was never the same again. So I suppose you could say I was formally disassociated. The thing that gets me is, I think I was treated worse than someone who gets disfellowshiped. Why have two different names for the same thing? I sure wasn't expecting that. Anyways I'm not sure which question you were refering to but if it was the one in my last thread the question is how do you feel about destroying records, on the one hand it's nice to have a clean slate [supposedly] but at the same time as was stated it doesn't make any difference in the way people perceive you. On the other hand such records might be useful someday in the future if courts actually start to recognize the massive damage done to families.Maybe it just plain doesn't matter and i'm only dreaming.

• zeroday
    zeroday
    But the baptism never occured. So I suppose you could say I was formally disassociated.

If you were never baptized you could not be disassociated or disfellowshipped. You were never apart of them.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Thats what I was thinking too Zeroday, perhaps they do things a little different overseas?

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Holy crap, are you kidding how could this happen then? Are you telling me that in the first place this shouldn't have happened and now after my life sentence with never an apology from a single person all of a sudden it never happened. What a load of shit! I want to heads to roll like danny hazzard but i'm sooo tired. speechless!

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Like I say, perhaps they do it different overseas. Here in the US, you have to be baptized before you can be disfellowshipped or disassociated. They did have an arrangement back some time ago where an unbaptized publisher would be marked as an unapproved associate. I have been away from the JW's since 1993, and I dont know much about how things are done in other countries, only from what I have read on this board.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    I want to heads to roll

yeah been there...

heads will never roll...so the quicker you come to terms with that the quicker you will get your sanity back...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit