JW's will never turn on the WT Society

by moshe 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• moshe
    moshe

That is the conclusion I arrived at after watching the documentary , by Alex Gibney called, "The Human Behavior Experiments" on the cable TV Sundance channel tonight.

------------------------------------------------------------

One person is taking a consumer survey in a closed room and sees smoke coming in under the door- they immediately get up , leave and call for help.

The experiment is repeated with three people, two of them are paid to sit and have no response to the smoke coming in under the door. The third person who is the test subject, fidgets, looks worried, and squirms as the smoke gets thicker. She does nothing, even as it gets thick enough to cause her to begin coughing.

An assistant Mgr at a McDonalds restaurant receives a phone call from an alleged Police detective. He tells the woman that there is an employee that he wants searched for illegal drugs. Since the man sounds like a policeman, she complies and the teenage girl who is afraid that she is in trouble with the police goes along with a complete strip search- all taped on a security camera. The caller has the manager call her boyfriend to come to the office, and he takes over the strip search so the Mgr. can go back to work. The boyfriend followed all the telephone instructions of the phoney policeman and even has the teenage girl perform a sex act on him at the end- as orderd by the telephone authority figure. This caller succeeded in victimizing over 60 other people to do simliar things and follow the orders of an alleged police officer Why? He sounded like a policeman.

People can be seduced into doing things they would never normally do. Unchecked power turns men into sadistic rulers.

As long as the KH group survives, then an individual is highly motivated to do as the group does. Individuals may see smoke, but group dynamics prevent most of them from doing anything about it. There is a powerful desire to let someone else be responsible for your decisions. JW's are more than willing to let a fictional God-directed organization make their decisions about God and control their life. Why? The GB sounds like God's policemen to them. I truly hope I am wrong about this.

Those of us here on JWD Forum are truly a special group of people to have been able to get out of a cult-like religion that sucks people down like quicksand.

• V
    V

In normal society people who speak up and take action are called heroes. Among Jehovah's Witnesses they are called apostates.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

In normal society people who speak up and take action are called heroes . Among Jehovah's Witnesses they are called apostates.

or as my mother likes to refer to me, a traitor

That sounds like a great book, it is amazing that people are such unquestioning followers.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Studies on shunning and acceptance also show that, for many people, to be outcast and unwanted by the group they are associated with is deeply effective even if the group are known bullies and criminals - the desire for acceptance completely overriding common sense.

• moshe
    moshe

For those who are interested, the documentary will be shown again on December 20. For video clips and info go here:

http://www.sundancechannel.com/film/?ixFilmID=7085&rname=The+Film+Finder

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Reminds me of the book: Obedience to Authority by Stanely Milgram

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

I'm not surprised by this. How else did Hitler convince an entire nation to hate a group of people that did nothing to them? In many ways, the Watchtower society is just a less successful Hitler.

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

Yes, Moshe, my wife and I saw that segment at McDonald's and were shocked, as perhaps most, that this young girl performed a BJ (yes, her head was blurred by the producers) on this man, a complete stranger. What I find hard to swallow (pun intended)about this is that the girl probably screams when told to eat her brocolli at the dinner table -- yet a stranger's tallywacker is okay. Puleeeze. Yes, she's suing McDonald's for jillion$. Fats

• karnage
    karnage

I also saw that episode where that young lady was stripped down, doing jumping jacks, spreading her legs, and giving that one fat guy a blow job. I was amazed at just how gullible she was and how she never questioned anything that she was doing or was asked to do. Where was she when I was in high school?! I am always amazed at how easily people within the Kingdom Hall or the WTS organization do things without any research or real thought. Everything is a mind dream.

• moshe
    moshe

It Looks like McDonalds had tried to warn store managers about this scam. A man was caught in Florida after a call was traced to a phone card purchased at a Walmart. Using security camera footage they were able to arrest the man who was responsible for these calls. Phone records showed that sometimes he called 10 stores before he found a manager who went along with his sick prank. More on the crime and the reasons why youth are vulnerable to obeying illegal orders, here:

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051009/NEWS01/510090392

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit