DOES ANYONE STILL NOT CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS???

by chuckyy 58 Replies latest jw friends

• lawrence
    lawrence

I celebrate daily! When I left the congo my first year we cut down a 10 foot tree and decorated it with beer cans and back dated Kingdom Ministries. We had an Apostatefest and drank vast amounts of alcohol. Years later, 4 of the people from that party are dead, and I look back at a great Xmas (we sent Bethel the pictures). Haven't had one since. Maybe it's time for a slobering Santa solstice?

• bubble
    bubble

I have been df'd for four and a half years, and this year is the first year I've had a proper tree indoors.

Last year we had cards and pressies but this year we are going the whole hog. I have 12 people coming over on xmas eve for festive fun.

It still feels weird though, I hate the org for that.

XXX

• owenfieldreams
    owenfieldreams

I don't, and my visa and mastercard are better off for it..

• BrentR
    BrentR

I don't because it is an expensive pain in the ass. I means nothing to me and I see it as just another way for retailers to empty my wallet. My wife's family pretty much views it this way also. So we still get together and enjoy the time off since they are now my adopted family.

I refuse to be a WalMart puppet that gives them money when they jerk on my string.

Dis' the season!!!

• averyniceguy
    averyniceguy

I do not celebrate Christmas because I have family that is still JW, I do not want any clue of me celebrating Christmas. If they find out, I will likely to be shunned by my family members.

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

I am now a Christian so of course I celebrate it. It makes me feel so alive and normal for once.

I am wearing christmas tree earrings and red and green bells around my neck. I have a christmas tree in my house and every table/mantle/bar has christmas decorations on it. There are presents under the tree. I make candy nearly every day to take to someone. I am having a christmas party next weekend. It all seems like a big birthday party for Christ. I think about the reason for the season all of the time and am thankful that he was born so he could die for my sins.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Renee!!!! when I saw you at PA. I knew you had found the peace...Your face expressed it (HUG)

• heathen
    heathen

nope , no festivities here. I agree it's for kids mainly , the little brats get what they been pestering about all year and the whole santa clause thing is a fairy tale , I think we all know the nativity thing is not what happened either . I think it's mostly about greed and materialism anyway , really turns me off . That's why every year they start with trying to sell christmas gifts earlier and earlier , I really don't think our tax payer money should be spent on public displays however I do like that people use the time to share with the family and usually get it off with pay .The scrooge like bosses can even be persuaded on that one.

• Jourles
    Jourles

Not here. Even if I were part of a family that did, I wouldn't care to participate. Everyone says that it's all about family getting together and other such wonderful bliss, but I see it for the commercialized reality that it actually is. Case in point -- We've all heard of Black Friday, right? The day after Thanksgiving. Did you ever wonder how that Friday came to be called Black? It marks the beginning of the Christmas shopping season that tends to put most retailers into the "black" - black, meaning turning a profit.

If much of the world's economy is dependent on a psuedo-religious holiday for monetary gain, there is something definitely wrong with the world. I'd be willing to wear a pair of underwear for a week and then eat them if Christmas was to ever go away. But since our global economy is so closely tied to Christmas, the powers-that-be would never let this happen. And so it goes, I wouldn't have to eat my shorts. But I'll stand by this self-made bet until I die.

• heathen
    heathen

Yah now it's black friday followed by cyber monday which is followed by identity theft tuesday ,( jon stewart) . What's also interesting is that people commit suicide so buying a casket sales are up at that time of the year . Anyway next year I'm planning on selling the true nativity ornament collection of king herods dead babies all over the town of bethlehem . Get yours while supplies last.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit