Saying I love you foreign languages

by BlackSwan of Memphis 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Agape_24
    Agape_24

Icelandic = Eg elska tig Danish= Jeg elske dig koss

• sspo
    sspo
    And I slightly disagree with exwitless, ti voglio bene is most common in love relationships...

I agree with that, It can be used in love relationship and also with family members............. affectionate term

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Yes, it is written as pronounced, though Filipinas have a unique Asian American accent.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Koss:

Thank You! I'm assuming that yep these are used for parent to child.

(How might I pronounce these?)

I agree with that, It can be used in love relationship and also with family members............. affectionate term

Do you think it is a likely term for parent to child conversation?

(You know what you guys? I'm making waay more progress with you then I did with the net. Thank you so much for the help!)

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Agape_24 just reminded me that Agape is one of the Watchtowers great Greek words for love. I don't know how the rest of the sentence would be formed.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Jw: Thank you for this. Would you be able to elaborate on that last bit? I can try googling it some later and see what I come up with.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

agapĂ´ se.

Just checking, the first usage of the first person singular in the LXX is 2 Samuel 13:4: "I love Tamar, my brother Absalom's sister." How's that for "principled love"?

While we're at it, Hebrew 'ahavtikha (to male) or 'ahavtikh(e) (to female).

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

agapĂ´ se.

Just checking, the first usage of the first person singular in the LXX is 2 Samuel 13:4: "I love Tamar, my brother Absalom's sister." How's that for "principled love"?

While we're at it, Hebrew 'ahavtikha (to male) or 'ahavtikh(e) (to female).

Wow, now that's good

Thanks for that extra Hebrew. How would I spell that in Hebrew characters?

• zagor
    zagor

German -> Ich liebe Dich

Portuguese -> Eu te amo

Croatian -> Volim te

Latin -> Te amo

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

I'm afraid this site will not accept foreign fonts (already tried and failed).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit