"An Inconvenient Truth".. JW's are deluded

by GetBusyLiving 31 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Friends,

1) I saw AN INCONVENIENT TRUTH

2) I read STATE OF FEAR, by Michael Crichton [thanx, Kudra, for your enlightening comments - go to the experts: climatologists/paleoclimatologists]

I am trying to discern between "conspiracy theory" and "conspiracy fact". What is verifiable information and what is disinformation? In researching, does one take into account the character as well as the credentials of the writer? Given the sloppy - dishonest - scholarship of WT pubs, I need lots of time before drawing any conclusion about anything anymore. The world will go on - or end - with or without me.

Compound-Complex

• BrentR
    BrentR

Some where in between the extremes lies the truth.

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

Maybe this is another reason they are selling off the buildings on the waterfront in Brooklyn and moving inland to Patterson. Perhaps the GB has been advised from the powers above that when the ice caps melt Brooklyn will be under water. (LOL)

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

popular film? not sure about that. maybe its somewhat well-known..

anyway, back in college over a decade ago now, i remember some classmates ribbing me about my atrocious eating habits...my response to them is that I guess i don't really have to worry about cholesterol, etc. since the New System would come sometime soon....

JWs have the same mentality about the Earth's "lungs" and "arteries" ....

-eduardo

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Thanks for the comments everyone. I agree that the deification of Al Gore was pretty annoying.

GBL

• Jourles
    Jourles
    this JW thinks theres really no point in even trying because, quote, "one person can't change anything".

I wish they applied this same reasoning to field service.

That's why they go out in two's...

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The WBT$ will have few forests cut down for paper,so they can print articles about it In the Watchtower and Afake...OUTLAW

• anewme
    anewme

Conservation is a serious subject now.

Human life does have a huge impact on this planet now.

We should thank all who are educating us about this problem and what we can do personally about it.

That said, I think the person who suggested once that the Watchtower Society ought to print their
    literature on biodegradable toilet paper had a good idea. It could be then be used at their conventions!

• OuterBanks NC
    OuterBanks NC

You may or may not like Al Gore, however he wrote his "Eco" book, Earth in the Balance back in 1992. He was at the forefront of warning folks about global warming. Since then CO2 concentrations have continued to rise, and we've done little to staunch the flow. So take issue all you want, he's been pretty clear in his views for over 20 years, and most of the predicitions his book made back in 1992 have come to pass.

• OuterBanks NC
    OuterBanks NC

Also, the JW's don't want to "do" anything. Far easier to claim someone else will fix all of our problems. Why God would want Witnoids in charge of a restored Earth is beyond me. Let's face it JW's don't enjoy the resources now. They drive around in minivans wasting petrol to knock on doors of empty house of folks who aren't interested in talking with them. They surely don't enjoy their weekends to simply relax and enjoy their surroundings, nor take long vacations into the wild/bush, or take time to actually learn something about their physical surroundings. I've never once met a JW who was on a "Clean Up the Beach", or "Clean Our Streams" type outing that our local Sierra Club sponsers. Again....why would they be allowed to become stewards over the Earth, when they have no idea how to take care of it now. The JW mentality of nailing an Awake magazine on a 400 year old oak tree to save it somehow I find lacking.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit