It Never Ends

by Undecided 20 Replies latest jw friends

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Sorry to hear that Ken. A dog dying is terrible. I will say a prayer for you. I have 4 cocker spaniels.

• Undecided
    Undecided

I can't seem to stop thinking about my sweet Coco. My other little dog will miss her so also. She whines when Coco went to get a hair cut until she came back. My daughter actually owned the dog but she has lived with us sine she was a puppy. She went with me to the vet and made the decision with me to let her go. She was crying along with me. She comes over every weekend and gives them a bath. I hope my Ginger will be OK tonight without her sleep mate.

Ken P.

• codeblue
    codeblue

(((Ken)))

So sorry about your dog

I love my little 6 pound pom...(have had him 3 years) I know I would be lost without him.

Codeblue

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Sooo sorry to hear about your loss. I think my sheltie is headed in that direction too...

many many hugs

• WHO
    WHO

Please accept my sincere regrets for the loss of your pet. Last year I felt life leave the body of my loved 'little girl' Caelin and it is a feeling and experience I will never forget. Our pets are such a integral part of our family life, that it is a great loss when you lose that relationship shared with your buddy. A dog in my opinion is truly the best friend you could ask, and I have 3 other little girls that reaffirm that conviction every day. I keep Caelin's picture with me everywhere I go, and there will always be a special place for her in my heart. I pray your sadness will soften over time and most importantly, I pray your heart will once again open up to loving another animal who would welcome your attention and love.

Best wishes,

CJ (wife of WHO)

• mzliz
    mzliz

I am so sorry about your sweet dog. Someone recently told me that humans have such a long time here on earth because we need practice getting it right, being good and kind.

Dogs don't need the practice, they are love.

Take care,

Liz

• talley
    talley

I'm so sorry about your loss of Coco.

What ever time our pets have with us is just never enough time. They just seem to make our lives more complete in so many ways.

a quote from Will Rogers; "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."

If It Should Be

If it should be that I grow frail and weak
    An pain should keep me from my sleep
    Then you must do what must be done
    For this, the last battle, cannot be won.

You will be sad, I understand
    Don't let your grief then stay your hand.
    For this day, more than the rest
    Your love and friendship stand the test.

We've had so many happy years
    What is to come can hold no fears
    Would not want me to suffer so
    When the time comes please let me go.

Take me where my needs they'll tend
    Only, stay with me to the end
    And hold me firm and speak to me
    Until my eyes no longer see.

I know in time you will see
    It is a kindness you do to me
    Although my tail its last has waved
    From pain and suffering I have been saved.

Don't grieve it should be you
    Who has to decide this thing to do
    We've been so close we two these years
    Don't let your heart hold any tears.

So I am glad, not that she's gone
    But that this earth she roamed and lived upon
    Was my earth, too, that I had closely known
    And loved her and that my love I'd shown.

Tears over her departure?
    Nay - a smile
    That I had walked with her a little while.

Author - unknown

Godspeed sweet Coco.

• Alpheta
    Alpheta

I'm so sorry, Undecided, about your pet. It's the hardest thing in the world to put a beloved pet-member of your family to sleep, but you did the right thing, I'm sure. Of all the animals in the world, man's relationship with dogs goes back perhaps as long as 14,000 years ago, and dogs are the most attuned with humans. It is a special bond. I still remember each dog we had when I was a kid, and my three canine companions who spent many happy years with me until 1999, 2001 and 2004. Memories are forever, I'm sure you cherish them.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I'm so sorry. Our Moose died on Thursday -- I hope there is an afterlife for pets and that they are playing together in good health.

Hugs and tears,

Nina

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Undecided,

Condolences to you and yours. My Ginger and Jeffrey died, but since I didn't have custody of them, I had to learn of their passing from family. I can relate to loosing a CoCo - I did a double-take when I first read your post. Peace and healing to you.

So Sorry!

CoCo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit