Comments You Will Not Hear at the 12-10-06 WT Study (SACRED THINGS)

by blondie 28 Replies latest watchtower bible

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I had not read your WT study before attending the JW meeting.
    I could not wait to see how you commented on paragraph 7.

Submission to Christ =submission to the WTS/FDS/GB and its representatives

Christ = WTS/FDS/GB

That was the one thing that stuck out in my mind, no other discussion
    about what submission to CHRIST means.

Also, in paragraph 3, their NWT scripture that quoted Mary: "My soul magnifies Jehovah..."
    No mention that the original text from the Greek would not have used the name, Jehovah.
    This made me think how, years ago, an argument was established that this name
    should be used in the New Testament. That argument was never really settled, except the
    GB said it was. Years later, JW's are to believe that the name was throughout the original
    Greek text and Mary proclaimed it, so we should too. This must be the true religion if Mary
    proclaimed God's name, and JW's are the only ones still doing that.

Establish a controversial statement, let the controversy die down, use the controversial
    statement as fact, claim other things based on the clearly established "fact."

• IMHO
    IMHO

Further to the post by scully regarding the question from readers: "Surrogate Motherhood - Is it for Christians?". It stated in that article that there is no Biblical basis for making a distinction between insemination by intercourse and insemination artificially by donor implantation. Wouldn't it also be true that the Bible makes no distinction between blood and blood fractions when it says "Abstain from Blood"?

• bernadette
    bernadette

thanks blondie for all the work you put into the wt study. Unfortunately when it came to actually preparing the watchtower I felt compelled to bin after paragraph 11. Please forgive me I just couldn't take anymore.

• jgnat
    jgnat
    It willl take more than this to get the missing rank and file to go in the d2d and to the meetings. I predict that even this recent flurry of activity with the tract will quickly die down and people will go back to their same old patterns.

Bingo. The only way to inspire the sheep is to feed the sheep. Beating and fleecing and ignoring the bleating lambs will only drive them away. (Matthew 9:36, Matthew 12;11-12, Matthew 18:9-14, Mark 6:4, Luke 11:46, Luke 15:3-7, John 10:11-16)

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

Glad your feeling better, and thanks for (as one poster put it so well) 'trudging' through the watchtower. The bit that gets me is where the great crowd are supposed to display the fruitage of the spirit when they dont have it??? The way its written is to keep adding to things gone before which has now established it as 'truth' and 'fact' when in reality no such proofs are found therein. Its all set up perfectly to promote obedience to the Governing body with the faintest wiff of being anyway scriptural.

Back to the real world

CS 101

• undercover
    undercover

Interesting comments about the Christian congregation being made up only of the anointed.

Is this another case of WT double speak? Does the WTS define JWs as "christians" only to outsiders but inside the hierarchy the non-anointed are not considered "christians"?

If a JW identifies themself as "christian" to others would that be the same as identifying themselves as one of the anointed?

• heathen
    heathen

Yah that is some slippery dogma they have about what the great crowd represents . I remember the spiritual jew dogma and don't know what happened to that and now it's jehovahs christian witnesses . I don't know how they can continue to beat the R&F with blind obedience ,with their track record . Not just obedience ,you are not allowed to think outside the box at all . They can treat you as bad association over anything to do with doctrine or dogma. Me thinks they will reinterpret alot of things to do with the 2 class system.

• blondie
    blondie

Not only that, the WTS taught that only the anointed were "Jehovah's witnesses" since on the natural Israelites were JWs in Isaiah and by inference only "spiritual Israelites" could be JWs.

Only the anointed are Christ's brothers...the rest are his children by his bride (the origin of calling the FDS "mother")

Who remembers the phrase "people of goodwill" and who they were? This term disappeared by 1965.

Blondie

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Blondie,

I remember the people of good will - my Bible teacher may have referred to me as one - I cannot recall for sure. The term was used often, even after its expiration date. Her parents were of the anointed, but I don't know if it meant only unbaptized ones or those baptized ones not of the anointed.

RE: OTWO's comment on paragraph #7 - two friends told me today that they walked out of the WT study during #7. They are very loyal to Jehovah and were insensed by the FDS's demand for subservience to them and the elders. My friends are very aware of what's going on - they listen to me - but they still want to attend meetings. I do hope that will change.

Thanx for your hard work on a non-delightful matter,

CoCo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit