JW dress fads

by rassillon 19 Replies latest jw friends

• TheHypnoToad
    TheHypnoToad

Ahhhh......the fads, Leather patches on the elbows (early 80's) Leather Skinny Ties (Mid 80's) Already mentioned Dock Shoes (Mid 80's) Cowboy Boots (with the metal heal & toe protectors) (late 80's early 90's) Paisley Hankerchef in the pocket that matched the tie (mid 80's till early 90's) Knit Ties with the square bottoms mid 80's till late 80's) Shark skin suits, those super shinny suits (mid 80's)

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I still have most of my ties from my JW days, they come in handy for the occasional funeral or wedding.

• Saoirse
    Saoirse

When you say sundress are you referring to the woman in the middle wearing the red muumuu looking thing? That's an ugly dress.

I usually think of sundresses as looking something like this (she's pregnant but you get the idea)

I think the picture in the bottom right is a perfect representation of a JW family. Mandatory big hair on the ladies. All the clothes are modest and not a hint of a worldly fad. The wife and daughters always have a big, unnatural smile and the husbands always look uncomfortable and trapped. That brown suit and ugly stripe tie must be some sort of requirement for JW males, I've seen the same suit on every JW guy I know.

• Taltek
    Taltek

LOL!
    I had two outfits...A black suit with a blue shirt and red tie for Sunday and talks. And a Black sportcoat with khaki pants for service and TMS.

• Ariel84
    Ariel84

At the hall I went to everyone seemed to pride themselves on being as "thrifty" (cheap) as possible. Which ment garage sales and goodwill for the majority. I would always see outdated ugly 80's styles like drop-waist floral dresses and of course the jackets with the patches on the elbows mentioned earlier. ICK!

• moshe
    moshe

We had a short lived fad around 1976, I think - Leisure suits On Thursday nights and the brothers sported a mustache for an authoritative impact- lasted maybe one year, tops. I never participated.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    When you say sundress are you referring to the woman in the middle wearing the red muumuu looking thing? That's an ugly dress

Hey now. I grew up in New Mexico and had man ...MANY a Mexican dress like this. It is for Fiestas. I am suprised it was not banned. But a lot of the traditional jewelry was banned and it was concidered so demonized. lol

I cannot tell you how many dollars my mom threw away till she just stopped buying the jewelry from the Native Americans at the public Plaza. What I would not do to have her collection now.

Decki (Of the I had a purple mumu class)

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Purple Mumu... (shudder)

• smellsgood
    smellsgood

**I always dug the Four-in-hand tie with the ufinished Windsor knot...ala' ascot style...

<barf>

The same moron used to bad-eye me for wearing a good pair of boots and Stetson hats....

~Hill

if you aren't as of now, you should be a contributor on Style Forum :)

www.styleforum.net

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420
    Decki (Of the I had a purple mumu class)

You are probably the ONLY person that could wear a purple mumu and still look hot.

lisa<--(of the not going near a purple mumu class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit