2 Elders Tell My Mom That She Should Take Me Off Her Health Care Assistance

by minimus 25 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Drew, I think they are a bit intimidated by me.....One of those elders still tells my mother how much he misses me and how I helped him to keep balanced.

• garybuss
    garybuss

The elders'd get a letter from my attorney before sunset if they tried that crap with me or my family. I'd also have this story on the desk of the religion editor of the local daily paper. This is medical care, not religion. How they gonna defend their current blood medical treatment doctrine in court? They can't.

• Scully
    Scully

I would encourage your mom to ask the two Elders™ whether they are prepared to accept all financial responsibility for her hospital care if she complies with their wishes and puts their names in place of yours.

That will definitely get them off her case. There's nothing that terrifies Elders™ more than having to accept the entirety of financial consequences of their Counsel™.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Have an attorney send the two creeps a letter with details regarding litigation they are opening themselves to if they ever mention anything remotely resembling their previous convesation with her.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Good for your mom! My mom was like another of the posters. When my dad was ill from lung cancer, she didn't fight (and he was so ill she might well have been able to) his getting a blood transfusion(which was not to be lifesaving, but kind of a palliative since he was so weak). In return, when she was in emergency surgery, I didn't fight the blood issue on her behalf. But I wanted to!! My sis said if it was up to her, she would authorize the blood because she thinks the religion is so stupid. I don't think that the religion is the issue at that point if she knows what my mom would want. I had a cousin whose JW parents would not authorize blood-the doc's went to court to have blood authorized. I don't know how one could leave their child without any hope like that (for my cousin it was a last resort).

• restrangled
    restrangled

Minimus, not only have I been removed off of the health care directive, but I have just been informed I am no longer the person in charge of her estate.....seems my mom doesn't trust that I'll get all funds sent to the society.

I think you are still safe.

r.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit