2 Elders Tell My Mom That She Should Take Me Off Her Health Care Assistance

by minimus 25 Replies latest jw friends

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

Call those elders up and tell them that she isnt getting a blood transfusion but if she needs it, she may get 100% of the allowed fractions of blood....only all at the same time though. Since most fractions of components of blood are now allowed they can't argue with that logic can they??

(Acts 15:19-20) 19 Hence my decision is not to trouble those from the nations who are turning to God, 20 but to write them to abstain from things polluted by idols and from fornication and from what is strangled and from blood.

ab·stain
    Pronunciation: &b-'stAn, ab-
    Function: intransitive verb
    Etymology: Middle English absteinen, from Anglo-French asteign-,absteign-, stem of astenir,abstenir, from Latin abstinEre, from abs-, ab- + tenEre to hold -- more at THIN
    : to refrain deliberately and often with an effort of self-denial from an action or practice <abstain from drinking>
    - ab·stain·ernoun

So based on their own translation is taking components of something abstaining? Example: I am abstaining from sex but I will allow my wife/girlfriend to masturbate me or provide oral stimulation...

• minimus
    minimus

My mom's 80, this year. Lately, always in the hospital, too. No matter how much reasoning goes on in her head, the blood issue is her matter to prove integrity. She met the HLC's chairman and told me he was a "pompous self-righteous" man. I know him. He's a real punk. Substitute CO, a PO and has that condescending 'I'm better than you" look.

• hambeak
    hambeak

Min sorry to hear this.

My partners' grandmother was also ill like your mom, The elders of her church got to her (non jw) and an attorney and got her to sign her entire estate to the Baptist church in Carlsbad NM.

So more is involved than just health care issues, I have seen posts on this board about the wts wanting people to leave their property to them.

My very best to you.

Gary

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

minimus,

I am getting totally ANGRY at those elders! They should leave your poor dear mother alone. ARRRRGh! What jerks they are getting into personal affriars of an elderly person probably thinking they can "change her mind" if they keep hounding her. That is harrasement of the elderly! And they claim to be Chrstians? Would Jesus keep harrasing some poor elderly widow until she she agreed with him?, NO.

If I were you I would send them a "kindly" note to let them know THEY do not have to "worry" about your Mother as that is YOUR job and that she appointed YOU as her representative. Don't be harsh or they may take it out on your poor mom. I've seen this many times too. First the elders get involved in giving medical advice and next thing you know they are in the elderly person's WILL replacing their own children. These guys are up to no good. Lilly

• bebu
    bebu
    Would Jesus keep harrasing some poor elderly widow until she she agreed with him?, NO.

It appears the WTS has the parable of the importune widow backwards: it was the widow who bugged the judge, not the judges who bugged the widow.

bebu

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

minimus . . . Health issues aside, Take to heart what everyone is saying about the WTS talking your mother into leaving everything to them. It happened in my family and they got everything. The elders took a will to a senile relative in a hospital/nursing home and got him to sign it. The family did not dispute the illegal Will. When the relative died, the remaining very elderly siblings agreed to let the WTS have it. One of the siblings was by then very ill & senile himself. The siblings had him taken to the attorney's office to sign away his portion of the inheritance he would have received had the illegal Will been disputed. His family desperately needed the money. No one had the nerve to speak up although several were very angry.

• minimus
    minimus

I would ONLY deal with them, id I'm forced to. I realize that if I'm in dialogue with them, they'll try to get into my mother's head. .........My mom's got nothing to give them.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Mini, As of now you are still on her health care assistance papers. You are in charge, not the elders. The hospital will listen to you if and when that time comes. Stay cool calm and collective as I know you are. The Blood infomation coming out this year has the elders in a bind as they can't explain it or understand it. If push comes to shove, ask them to explain: " The Ham Sandwich" Blood information that came out in the November KM. That should slow them down for now. Take good care of yourself, moms are special, mine is no longer here, do whatever you can to make your mom happy and peaceful.

Bluebladesfor mom

• minimus
    minimus

Thanks Blue! I always appreciate your warm posts!!

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

If your mom said she isn't planning on taking you off the list then I think you're in a good position. I agree with blueblades, just be the calmer more collected voice of reason. You are in charge and it doesn't seem like that will be going away. I also agree that you can use all that new BS they wrote up about fractions against them, they have no idea what the hell it means.

While this may not be the time, you could always confront them with a letter or something. Just asking them 'Did you tell my mother she couldn't trust me to follow through with her medical decisions?' would probably be enough for them to run for the hills. They can be such babies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit