What effect does 'Apostate Pressure' have on the bOrg?

by AK - Jeff 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Will increased pressure - pickets, websites, books, letters to fellow witnesses, have a positive or negative impact on the ultimate goal most apostates have - seeing the organization eventually crumble and fall?

My take is that more pressure is good. It makes the 'real personality' of the organization express itself in greater oppression, more demands, greater efforts to isolate the flock from education, career, family, reality.

Eventual result of oppression is rebellion. And that is the springboard to freedom.

Your opines?

Jeff

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

it may not have a big effect on the society big shots (like they care unless it effects money) but what it does do is put information out that slows the recruitment of new members down. also the information flood helps those who do want out find a way to do it.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Hard cold facts are stubborn things

The BIGest shock for me was discovering that 1914 came from (was a spin off) the second adventist william miller apocalyptic movement of 1842 that had already failed

I have thousands of pages up and make more everyday,we are in their face in cyberspace

Cheers & jeers http://www.topix.net/forum/who/jehovahs-witnesses/TLUMTFB979FMG97F0/p6 go ahead post something no registration needed

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

I think that overall, the pressure is good. The watchtower relies on keeping their "faithful" inside a protective vaccum. Somebody has to rip a hole in the bag. Now, some will just consider it all persecution and feel that it's proof that they are doing god's will. I don't know what to do about that. I guess we can try to be as respectful as is possible, but I know I have trouble showing respect for the organization that beat and mislead me for so long.

I think we do a great service by making our posts as lucid and approachable as is possible while not pulling our punches. It's good to keep in mind that the watchtower uses misdirection and bait and switch A LOT in their indoctrination process. I think it's important that we not do that. It's good to be tactful, but I think most people respond better when they know what's up from the beginning.

We are a large group of people who have had experience with the watchtower bible and tract society and who feel that they are not only a misguided cult, but a dangerous one as well. Those are strong claims and the fact that we can make them and back them up from the organization's own literature, is a very strong statement.

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

it's hard to say... most people need to be ready to hear certain things, otherwise it goes in one ear and out the other...

i remember seeing apostates hold signs at conventions (and i remember what they specifically said), but it had no effect on me because they were mad apostates who had an agenda.

apostate information to witnesses is like "the truth coming in the form of a watchtower" to a householder... it's only appreciated by receptive ears, to those who are in a state of readiness to the words being spoken or read.

bethel

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Abandoned, and others-very compelling statement and very true, I think. You express yourself well, Abandoned!

Shelly

• aniron
    aniron

Yeah I remember the times when I saw those outside conventions. We all probably thought them as ex-JW's with grudges or misguided Christians.

But now we know do why they were there. But back then they were small. Now the power of the Internet is being used. Instead of about 3-4 days outside a convention once a year, by about 6 people or so. We now have thousands putting th epressure on worldwide. We can now continually keep the pressure up.

Thats the point, to keep the pressure up. To continually be on at the WT and what it sdoes. To expose its false teachings, the way it treats not only those that leave but even those still in.

In the past the WT relied on the outside world not knowing what it was doing. Hardly anyone took any notice of those that left. But now with forums like this people are beginning to learn about the WT. Even the media is picking up on things that the WT does.

"Pressure" has to be constant to have any effect. Thats what we must do make sure that the pressure is kept up and maybe one day it will blow the WT apart.

• Mary
    Mary
    Will increased pressure - pickets, websites, books, letters to fellow witnesses, have a positive or negative impact on the ultimate goal most apostates have - seeing the organization eventually crumble and fall?

Personally, I don't think that picketing the assemblies does too much good. Even if a Witness has doubts, they're not going to risk getting DF'd by stopping and talking to you. I think that the internet is Public Enemy No. 1 as far as the WTS goes, simply because they can't control what you're reading anymore and they're scared to death that the R&F will stumble across ex-Dub sites (like this one), read the evidence and realize that this is not the Truth after all. Books and letters to fellow Witnesses can also have a positive impact because once again, it's something they can read in the privacy of their own home.

The exposure of the pedophile problem on national TV was probably their biggest embarassment as they have absolutely no rebuttle. All the problems the Borg is facing is simply getting worse. Yes, the majority still believe this is "the Truth", but more are leaving now than ever before (with the exception of right after 1914 and 1975).

• uninformed
    uninformed

Jeff--

My take is that more pressure is good. It makes the 'real personality' of the organization express itself in greater oppression, more demands, greater efforts to isolate the flock from education, career, family, reality.

Eventual result of oppression is rebellion. And that is the springboard to freedom.

Your opines?

Jeff

I think your post is right on.

Pressure is on, and eventually most witnesses get disillusioned if only briefly. They then have the internet available. I woulddn't get my hopes too high that the Org will eventually crumble and fall.

There's a fool born every minute.

Brant

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    I woulddn't get my hopes too high that the Org will eventually crumble and fall.

There's a fool born every minute.

Brant

Granted, that.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit