By Thier Fruit

by NotMyRealName 15 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Clam
    Clam

Welcome to the board Stephen C - and Merry Christmas.

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

to be a roman citizen was not to oppose jehovah or jesus or christianity.

jehovah's witnesses are not allowed to join the YMCA because of it's involvement with christendom and babylon the great. jehovah's witnesses are not allowed to go to church bake sales or shop at the salvation army. it is less about the fact that the JW's joined the UN and more about the hypocricy of them joining the "wild beast" of revelation. it's also about the fact that they did it secretly and stopped their association only when it became public.

also, if you want to talk about "scriptural truths", well, i don't know where to begin... but jesus certainly did not die on a stake. and he certainly did not limit the partakers of communion to 144,000. birthdays are not condemned in the bible. Paul said that in the name of Jesus every knee should bend. jesus is not michael the archangel. and many other diefied doctrines regarding jesus, the JW's have skewed to make him less divine/more human.

bethel.

• *jeremiah*
    *jeremiah*

Dear Stephen,

Does "truth" in any definition of the word,...change? .....let alone God's "truth?

I left the JW religion 14 yrs ago. The "truth" I was told to believe in then, is no longer the "truth" now. If I went back I would have to adopt and adapt to new "truths", or "new light". Is this how God works? He allows us to believe in something as absolute truth and then shows us that we need to change our thinking on that? Ok, now believe this is truth instead. Now change. Believe in this now. Time to change again. Here's the truth now. This is a brief illustration of the JW religion since its conception.

The JW religion has been ebbing and flowing in its "truth" or doctrine for more than 100 yrs. Their "light" has been flickering, their doctrine constantly changing and flip flopping and will continue to do so as long as that organization is intact.

The only true constant in the JW religion is doctrinal change. If you believe truth is a constant change, then you have found your religion.

Jesus said that he stays the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. Shouldn't the JW's follow that lead?

• sspo
    sspo

Welcome Stephen

Stick around and enjoy the forum, you will meet many friendly people.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Welcome Stephen ,

We appreciate your post. With respect, though, I believe that your illustration of Paul's making use of his Roman Citizenship does not relate to the WT signing up as a NGO in association with the UNO.

All J W's are encouraged to make use of "Caesar" and his laws and benefits in their community. That is different to actively agreeing to promote the interests of a Government or a political party. That would be more like their actions. Most of us here were active Witnesses in years past. We studied the Revelation Book and all the polemics against the UN as the "Scarlet coloured beast", and yet all the time, behind our back they were sucking up to that Org. Remember the illustrations of Babylon the Great riding the beast. What is the difference?

Of course, the fact that they dropped the UN involvement as soon as it became public indicates to me that they knew it was wrong.

Stay with us..

• Hannah
    Hannah

Please take the time to read the following entitled "Where Else Would I Go" at JW truths http://jwfacts.com/index_files/where.htm If fact, there if a lot of interesting info found there. The link to the home page is http://jwfacts.com/index.htm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit