By Thier Fruit

by NotMyRealName 15 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• NotMyRealName
    NotMyRealName

Good Very Hello,

I am not a JW but have had the pleasure of reading, studying and associating to a small degree. I have been reading with interest the societies involvement in the UN as NGO. I can say this, Jesus teaches me to "observe the things they command, but not the way they do". I cannot quote scriptures very well but I am understanding the principles involved. He was talking about how the religious leaders were making it hard for people with thier many rules, commands and such. I would rather that the institution deal with the issues that are to big for me. We are supposed to pray for those who have rule over us also as those powers are ordained by Jehovah for watch over us. In spite of the division this issue is causing in the body of believers, I have to ask myself, "Where else will I go"? Truly I have never heard such truths and seen practice of faith more than I have with Jehovahs orginization. Words of life flow from this very source that is being condemed. Paul says that he is a jew which is one inwardly and that circumsicion is of the heart and not the flesh. I believe Jehovahs people are associated with his orginization but the orginization as a whole is no more than the jewish factions during the time of christ or the apostles. Sauducees, Pharisees and what have you. There were believers of jesus message at the synigogs where he went to teach as well as dissenters. The main fact is that whatever the reason for thier association with this UN, that the benifits are for you and me and that it in no way changes your salvation. Paul had made the claim that he was a roman citizen when he was being delivered up and used the law and association he had as a roman citizen to defend his faith. He was claiming to belong to a system of things that was directly opposed to Jehovahs Kingdom! To say Jehovah would not use the UN for his purpose would be to say that we don't understand how he works. The message I believe is the same and changes nothing as far as I can see. Until I am directed to break one of Jehovahs commandments, I must give my support and prayers to Jehovahs body of believers. Give unto ceaser the things that belong to ceaser and to god the things that belong to god. Please excuse my spelling as it is only a reflection I hope of only my scholastic abilities. Give Praise to Jehovah for these wonderful days before us and the coming of his kingdom rule forever.

With Kindest Regards In Jehovah,

Stephen C.

• jgnat
    jgnat
    I have to ask myself, "Where else will I go"?

The question, is who, not where. Is Jesus housed in a building that you can leave Him?

Truly I have never heard such truths and seen practice of faith more than I have with Jehovahs orginization.

Are they true truths or just an opinion? Of course no other organization will be quite like the Jehovah's Witnesses. They are unique. But I challenge your conclusion that they practice faith more than anyone else. Where I find the Jehovah's Witnesses have a glaring lack is in their lack of charitable works (Matthew 25:41-43). Here are a few of my favorite organizations, for their faith and integrity.

www.salvationarmy.org

www.gideons.org

www.jesusfilm.org

www.quaker.org

www.doctorswithoutborders.org/

These organizations, by the way, don't spend hours explaining why everyone else is wrong. As the Jehovah's Witnesses do.

• Honesty
    Honesty

I'll pray that my God, Jesus will open your eyes Stephen C. and that you'll understand the Watchtower Society has deceived millions with their lies.

Speaking of millions, have you read the Watchtower's "Millions Now Living Will Never Die" which was published almost 80 years ago?

• moshe
    moshe

I have to ask myself, "Where else will I go"? Truly I have never heard such truths and seen practice of faith more than I have with Jehovahs orginization.

Welcome, Stephen.

You have come to the right place to learn about the Jehovah's Witness people. JW's only make up one-tenth percent of the worlds population. That means 999 out of 1000 people disagree with the JW viewpoint on their having the "truth". Go ahead, if you want, be that one person in a thousand and stay in the Kingdom Hall. The rest of us have seen the Watchtower wolf in sheep's covering.

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy
    I have been reading with interest the societies involvement in the UN as NGO. I can say this, Jesus teaches me to "observe the things they command, but not the way they do".

When Jesus said that, he was referring to the religious leaders during that time. He also referred to them as "offsprings of vipers" and condemned them and if you compare the watchtower society to the religious leaders that Jesus condemned, why on earth would you have any respect whatsoever for them? The Pharisees didn't have God's backing and neither does the watchtower society.

I was going to comment on you bringing up "where is there to go" but jgnat beat me to it :)

BTW, welcome to the board.

LRG

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Part of that fruit is that the very thing you give them a pass on would get a JW disfellowshipped. If YOU joined the UN (!), or did anything 'comparable' like joining the YMCA or the Peace Corp, and were a JW, you would be 'no longer considered one of Jehovah's Witnesses'.

• Anitar
    Anitar

Greetings Stephen C or NotMyRealName, whatever you prefer, and welcome to the board!

You raise a very interesting point. I will not condemn your faith in God, nor that of your fellow witnesses. I will instead try my best to answer your questions and respond to your statements.

First, you say you are not a JW but have studied to a small degree. May I ask if you have been baptized as a JW? If not, were you baptized elsewhere? If so, how do your JW friends view your baptism? Have they asked you to get baptized as a JW? Where did you find the information about the WTS and the UN NGO involvement? Have you told your friends about it? If so, how did they react?

Second, you say that you would rather the organization handle the issues that are too big for you. I truly admire your humility, but exactly what issues are too big for you? Do you believe that you have to obey the rules of men and do the works of the Watchtower to earn your salvation? If so, at what point have you done enough works? The bible teaches that everyone's salvation was determined at the time of Jesus death and that no one else can give it to you or take it away.

In biblical times, God operated through individuals, not organizations. Sometimes the individuals he operated through belonged to organizations he disapproved of. To say that God has only one channel of communication or that he works through a specific organization is a gross misrepresentation of the bible.

The meaning of "faith without works is dead" is referring to helping your fellow man and working to improve yourself and your environment. Tell me where are the Jehovah Witness soup kitchens or Jehovah Witness homeless shelters? Do they only help each other or a potential convert, or do they act as Jesus commanded?

You ask yourself "Where else would I go?" Have you ever considered going directly to Jesus? Is it possible you don't need and organization of uninspired men to complete your spirituality? You also mention the truths and practices of faith and the words of life in the organization. Here is where I want you to take a moment and consider your beliefs from a logical, practical point of view. Put aside the deep love you have for them and analyze their practices.

Right now, they might be showering you with love and attention, both material and immaterial. This is called love bombing. They will give you free clothes, buy you dinner, and perhaps pay to fix your car. This all looks very kind and generous, but then they lay down the rules. Do you find that you're not allowed to wear anything other than the clothes they "provide" for you? Do they buy you dinner only after you agree to a bible study with them? Do they fix your car only after it breaks down and you stop coming to the meetings? In short, is their love an unconditional love, or does it come with a price tag?

Consider also the words of life from the organization. Examine carefully the writing style of their literature, for it is very specific and uses very subtle psychological techniques to mold your opinion to theirs, and rule out anyone else's. Does it ever feel like they're talking down to you or telling you what to think? Do you notice how they never cite their sources in the magazines? Every story starts with "according to one woman," or "recent studies show." In the academic world, you have to back up your opinions with solid facts, and the Watchtower never has any. If you are or were at one point a student in High School or College, pick up a magazine and ask yourself, or even a teacher if you can, if you had written this, what grade would you get? Chances are, no more than a zero if you're lucky. Their failure to prevent solid reliable evidence to support their claims results in plagiarism and blatant fraud.

Finally, you mention Paul, who posed as a Roman citizen to defend his faith in comparison to the Watchtower UN alliance. When they joined the UN, it was not to defend their faith, but rather to take advantage of the UN's resources to travel all around the world and convert more followers, among many other hypocritical things. Paul also knew what he did was wrong, and insisted on being crucified upside down, believing he was unworthy to die the same way Jesus did. The Watchtower never admitted their gross apostasy and still maintain their absolute authority over their blissfully ignorant followers.

For nearly eight decades, the WTS has denounced the UN as the beast of revelation that causes destruction and is hated by God. They also condemned every religion associated with it as the "harlot that rides the beast." They lied about ever joining in the first place, then tried to downplay it with the "library card" excuse. By the way, if one of the rank and file for example joins the YMCA to use their public pool, they're disfellowshipped. By thier own rules they incriminate themselves. Does that sound like Jehovah's true organization? Ask yourself if it was no big deal, than why did they cancel their membership the moment it became public? If it violated their religious and moral convictions as they claimed, than why do they remain an NGO to this day? See the following link:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/8/125201/1.ashx

In conclusion, I have the highest respect for you and your beliefs, I just want you to make up your own mind about placing your trust in the Watchtower organization. Don't you owe it to yourself to determine who's really telling the truth?

Peace,
    Anitar

• carla
    carla

Sorry I didn't read all the responses yet. By their fruit? Here is the fruit I see of wt- A severe pedophile problem, no love amongs themselves, destroyers of families with no biblical reason, unbiblical doctrines, physical, emotional, spiritual and mental abuse, gossipers, cheats, taught to lie, and I could go on until next year I suppose. The fruit of the society is to produce social outcasts that will keep plugging the publishing company with more money and hand their minds over on a silver platter. God never asked that of anybody.

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere
    until I am directed to break one of Jehovah's commandments, I must give my support and prayers to Jehovahs body of believers.

The Watchtower is always saying "the end is near." And Jesus said at Luke 21:8 "Look out that you are not mislead, for many will come on the basis of my name, saying "the due time has approached. Do not go after them." "generation" meant just what Jesus said it meant in Matthew 24:34 "Truly I say to you that THIS generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur." He meant the present generation of his time. All of that chapter was fullfilled before the end came in 70C.E. Watchtower says it has a greater fullfillment but Jesus never said so. Watchtower will also tell you the "Tree" in Daniel 4 represents God's rulership but Daniel said it represents King Neb. [verses 20-25] Verse 24 Daniel says "this is the interpretation and degree of the Most High." So you can believe the Watchtower or God's word. Myself I believe what Jesus said at John 17:17 "your word is truth."

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

Sweet considerate commentary, and...forgive me for saying this...naive. The U.N. involvement is the least of the hypocritical acts of the Governing Body of elders, but it is an issue illustrative of how they overburden the flock with restrictions, to the flock's detriment, while not applying those same standards to themselves. For example, sexual abuse of JW wives. How many of the GB would expect themselves to 'submit' to their own husband's abuse as they expect of the sisters? How many of them would shrug their shoulders and turns palms to Jehovah to handle justice while their own pedophile abuser roams free, free to abuse countless others unimpeded? The list could go on and on.

As for the U.N. thing, specifically, since that's the thread you were reading: While they were covertly involved in this organization that they [publicly] also condemned--referred to as Satanic--they would counsel congregation members to not become involved in organizations such as the YMCA, for example. [Young Men's Christian Association] Yet, so many public services are provided here that are not provided elsewhere in very many communities. Even using the gym! JW's would be counseled not to be associating/ attending at such places in case they might be seen and somehow, while doing a double dribble or a jumpshot, stumble someone's weak person's faith. May not seem important, but in many places, the Y may be the only available gym/ recreation center at all, and countless young JW's in particular are left without a healthy outlet for physical activity, and some social/ learning opportunities, because of having to pass up this and similar resources for fear of being frowned upon or 'stumbling' someone.

So...secret GB involvement in the U.N. is a great 90's poster illustration for the 'Do as I say and not as I do.' I'm sure each decade could pick it's predominant theme. The sex abuse--of children and of wives--winked at over the years could be a thread tying ALL the decades together, I'm sure.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit