Hello all, here's my story.

by Paralipomenon 32 Replies latest jw friends

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Welcome to the board! I really loved reading your experience so far, please do share more of it. lilly

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Welcome home.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Hello, Paralipomenon, looking forward to the rest to the story.

• smellsgood
    smellsgood

"Brace yourself, this may make you gag. "

*gag* I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. You were a really kinda whipped to a frenzy, zealousful dub, weren't you?

I'm just surprised you didn't mention any autographed glossy eight by tens of the Governing Body !

Ted Jaracz would look so good on the mantle.

Glad you made it out anyways! No more elders, no more crooks, no more smelly new light books.

nobody's ever said a kingdom hell...

...smellsgood

• jimbo
    jimbo

Welcome to the board!!!

Was it scary to openly question JW reasoning???

Looking forward to the rest of your story.

By the way, were there any by-products in the wieners???

jimbo (of the question everything class)

• TheListener
    TheListener

Welcome Para.

I really liked your story so far (well, you know what I mean). I am looking forward to the rest.

Please do tell us what it felt like to research your faith for the first few times. And especially what it was like as you learned what you believed wasn't really what the bible taught.

Glad to have you hear.

• Gill
    Gill

Welcome!!!

I loved the paraphrased scripture, 'A man with blind faith is worse than a man with no faith.' Where is that from please?

Looking forward to reading much more.

Gill

• Legolas
    Legolas

Welcome to the board!

Thanks for sharing, now I want to hear the rest of the story!

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

Thanks everyone for your comments.

I should answer a few things:

1) I somewhat successfully faded away over 10 years ago. Most of this story takes place in the mid 1990's.

2) There was no by-products in the wieners. I proudly went back to my parents to tell them. They were mortified I went to ask. We didn't go to the BBQ out of embarrassment.

3) I'll try to find that scripture about blind faith. My bible has been packed away for many years, I'll try to pull that up.

I'm trying to post part 2 but I keep getting an error on the site. I wrote it up using notepad then try to cut and paste it into the box. If I don't do that it comes out as a solid block of text that makes my eyes bleed.

Any tips?

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Darn - hope you can fix it and post part 2 - I could relate to almost everything you said. I wanted to be baptised at 11 and was told that I had to read the bible cover to cover first - so a year later I went back having read it and asked again. And the by products thing - I did that at my non JW aunt's house - I told her that I wouldnt be having any of the meet she had cooked because it wasnt bled properly. i got told off for that when I got home - I was only 7 and doing what I thought was right!

Look forward to hearing more from you,.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit