What Will The Future Bring? ......fishy?

by *jeremiah* 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• *jeremiah*
    *jeremiah*

This is an excerpt out of (I believe) the new awake article: (i saw it online)

What Will The Future Bring? Where is the World Heading?

WHAT will the next 10, 20, or 30 years bring? It can be frightening to contemplate the future in this age of terrorism. Technology is booming. Globalization has made many nations interdependent. Will world leaders unite and pave the way for a brighter tomorrow? Some people say yes, hoping that by the year 2015, leaders will be able to stem the tide of poverty and hunger, reverse the spread of AIDS, and halve the proportion of those without access to safe drinking water and sanitation.

I was wondering where they got this date...2015. What people are saying that leaders will be able to stem the tide of poverty and hunger, etc, etc, by 2015? I'm wondering where they are getting this.

Maybe the WT's inside men in the UN are telling them this.

BTW-that whole article is weird. The WTS just finished the end of false religion campaign and gave most members the impression that this system can't possibly go on another year or two or even five. In fact we have all heard that they think the campaign just might start armageddon. Now look at the first sentence of the article. What will the next 10,20, or even 30 years bring?

....fishy. very fishy. not that that surprises me or anything, just pointing it out.

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

that's what happens when you have a big writing department... one hand has no idea what the other hand is doing.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Okay, this is fishy and I will bite.

By placing the date 2015 in there, the WTS is allowing the rank-and-file to start speculating again. Their #1 recruitment method is to get the faithful all revved up about imminent destruction, allowing them to recruit with vigor, then back off when the date arrives.

They are not ever going to directly say, "The end will come by October of 2014" or any other such concrete sayings. They are going to beat around the bush and cause speculations, then later blame the rank-and-file for running with it. The increase numbers for the service year are pitiful, and they know even those gains cannot be sustained without drastic action- there are very few children left to be activated or inactive ones to reactivate. Best start now on recruiting fresh meat. Since 2014 or 2015 is so close, the recruiters are liable to be more active. If they only lose a percentage of the fresh meat after the end doesn't come, they are still ahead (but by then, their subtle hints will be toward 2034, 120 years from 1914- likened to the days of Noah).

I have much more to say on the matter, but it's all just more of the same old story that WE ALL KNOW.

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

2015 is the target date for the UN Millenium Development Goals, adopted in 2000.

http://www.un.org/millenniumgoals/

"The eight Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) – which range from halving extreme poverty to halting the spread of HIV/AIDS and providing universal primary education, all by the target date of 2015 – form a blueprint agreed to by all the world’s countries and all the world’s leading development institutions. They have galvanized unprecedented efforts to meet the needs of the world’s poorest."

Here are the results so far:

http://mdgs.un.org/unsd/mdg/Resources/Static/Products/Progress2006/MDGReport2006.pdf

~Sue

• *jeremiah*
    *jeremiah*

Thanks OnTheWayOut,

I understand what you're saying and totally agree with you,...the WTS wants to keep dates in member minds, etc.

However, that sentence in the article is referring to a date set by "some (non-witnesses) people", probably world leaders, the UN, globalists, or whoever, but I'm wondering who and why 2015. The WT's vagueness is sooooo iritating. They seem to make statements a lot without properly crediting the information.

I was wondering if anyone has read any news or mag articles referring to some kind of globalist agenda and the date 2015.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    2015 is the target date for the UN Millenium Development Goals, adopted in 2000.

http://www.un.org/millenniumgoals/

Okay, when they were a secret member, they were subtly promoting UN ideology. Now that they are not a secret member, (unless it's a bigger secret) I am not sure if they are saying "NO WAY WILL THEY SUCCEED." or "Organizations are trying."

They really have to stop being so vague and just tell us what they want to say.

• *jeremiah*
    *jeremiah*

thanks, and sorry betterdaze,

I must have been typing when u posted, that is why my post is after yours.

Thats what i was after.

• *jeremiah*
    *jeremiah*

Thanks OnTheWayOut,

So, I have to ask u since u are still on the inside. If they were secretly promoting UN agenda, was this put subtley in their literature?

Also, if (i have my own thoughts on this) the globalists have their way and form a "new world order", and the world becomes a more peaceful place where many of the world's problems are conquered (the problems that the WT$ always talks about), do you think the WT$ will accept it and become part of it?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Thanks OnTheWayOut,

So, I have to ask u since u are still on the inside. If they were secretly promoting UN agenda, was this put subtley in their literature?

Also, if (i have my own thoughts on this) the globalists have their way and form a "new world order", and the world becomes a more peaceful place where many of the world's problems are conquered (the problems that the WT$ always talks about), do you think the WT$ will accept it and become part of it?

Kind of deep for me to answer. They don't discuss UN policy, the secrets of their ever joining, in letters to the bodies of elders. I'm sure it's a GB discussion on how to look mainstream to the United Nations as WTS tries to fit into the global scene- trying to combat the current trend to label them as cult / intrusive / anti-government / radical. They don't pay taxes and seek to avoid them. I am pretty sure they are still trying to look as if they support UN efforts, but it's just my guess. Their approach is subtle enough that JW's read it one way, politicos read it another.

The WT loves to be radical to the rank-and-file. If they all say Jesus was nailed to a cross, they gotta say "Stake." If they are invited to join some successful New World Order, they would have some 'splaining to do. It could only be done in secret or in a passive way. They probably will not attack political efforts to aid people as much as they are attacking religious efforts. I say this only because the next major sign is "Government turning on false religion" so they will promote that ideology.

• *jeremiah*
    *jeremiah*

There's nothing wrong with getting deep WayOut,...i don't mind.

Ok. So there's definitely a trend in our world towards "global governance" or a new world order right? I mean, i think it's pretty obvious. I also see a trend towards uniting religions or a more pc term is interfaithism or ecumenism. Its also pretty obvious that this is going on too. For example, the other day the Pope went into a prominant mosque in Turkey and not only prayed inside of it, but bowed toward the east as Muslim tradition holds.

Personally, i have a theory that the GB is completley aware of the world scene and are part of this world more than any of us know, while at the same time, keeping their members thinking something else. After all, they don't want to compromise the bottom line of their corporation just yet. In the mean time they might be integrating the members thoughts toward accepting, one day, accepting this new world order and new world religion.

Anyways, in a nutshell, thats what i think.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit