sex abuse of wives

by J-ex-W 36 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

You know, I just found out tonight that there was a second page to the 'sex abuse of wives' thread. I'm still learning how to use this site. Speaking of which, I see people sometimes putting partial quotes from other people's posts in a box before their own text in response. Can someone explain to me how to do that? And the icons indicate...?

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

Lady Lee--- Since you already have a public voice addressing the sex abuse issue in a general way, how would you feel about lending your voice--or even leading with your voice--on the Dr. Phil Show? It might increase credibility of the group's claims to have someone speaking who already deals formally with these things. It would also be a good plug for your existing sexual abuse website. Please consider it. And please respond on the "Scandals and Coverups---I emailed the Dr. Phil Show today" thread. I'm trying to drum up a serious group of supporters. (Or, anyone who wants to respond to the request privately, feel free to PM me.)

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I posted the following in your other thread

Re: I just emailed the Dr. Phil show

• karnage
    karnage

My dad used to physically and mentally abuse my mom when I was growing up. There were times when we either went to the meeting or didn't go because of how bad my dad would beat her. My dad was a dedicated and baptized brother. He held a gun to her, beat her in the face like she went 5 rounds with a professional boxer, and he cheated on her like it was his official duty. The elders never did anything or say a word about my father's actions. This had always troubled me.
    In my late teens, when my mother had had enough, she finally broke down and snapped. She had a relationship with another man and soon the marriage was into divorce. When the elders became aware of my mother's relationship outside of the marriage, then they called her into the back room (I am sure that many people here if not everyone is familiar with "the back room"). One night after a meeting, they interrogated her (like she was a criminal), and then they questioned my sister, brother, and me. None of us gave them any information. We understood what was going on and why things were happening the way that they were. I've always found it interesting how they were all of a sudden interested when my mother stepped out... but when my dad was doing it, nothing was ever said.
    My mother was df'd for her affair and my parents were divorced. My dad was df'd about 6 years prior, but not for his abuse of my mother or any of us (the kids). My mother has been reinstated after a short 3-4 year break.

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

Karnage--- I'm really sorry to hear about the abuse your mom and you kids endured. It never ceases to amaze me to how big of blinders the brothers put on when it comes to wife abuse...and how they're ready to snap into action when it's sex outside of marriage (consensual sex, i.e. --From what I've heard, date rape gets a blind eye, too). So sad.

• free2beme
    free2beme

Sorry, but unclear hear. Is sex abuse of wives, like having sex forced when your wife says she has a headache or something? Personally, I do know of one local example of a woman (not a Witness) filing rape against her husband for forcing himself on her. It did not make it through court though, when it was proven that she had had sex with her husband several times after the said event. Just want some clarity here.

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

Yes, sex abuse of a wife does include forcing sex acts on her after she has said no, for whatever reason. The sad thing is, people actually do assume that agreeing to sex again EVER nullifies the forced incident(s). Yet, that typifies the very cyclic nature of an abusive relationship. Laws/ attitudes like that need to change! They seriously interfere with an abused wife's ability to clearly identify, and extricate herself from, her abusive situation. And people wonder why abused wives don't seek help to leave. They DO...only to be faced with these maddening obstacles to aid/ justice!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit