I quit the Theocratic Ministry School

by My Name is of No Consequence 41 Replies latest jw experiences

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Brothers on the school can now be given assignments with assistants, just like the sisters.

Wow, do they have to wear a dress?

• StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel
    Out of curiosity... how did you do it and what was the reaction from the elders when you informed them?
  • My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

@StarTrekAngel

When I told the school overseer that I quit, he just said "okay". It really was not the response that I was expecting considering that we don't have that many on the school as it is.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    You were in school long enough. Congratulations on your move.
  • BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

At one time I was the school overseer ... and I really enjoyed the assignment at the time. You were constantly thinking on your feet as you had to find the right words to both encourage and counsel the student . If that is done badly then it is crushing for him/her and embarrassing for the others. All too often they just duck out and read a bit from the "Theo School " Book.

Now sometimes Bro's have to work with an assistant in a setting..That is a challenge but one that has been met by the Sisters. If I were still motivated I guess I would do it..

Of course I had to withdraw from the school...one cannot stand up and deliver talks that you do not believe anymore.....

[edit : How do you delete a misplaced emoticon?]

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

No Consequence - "When I told the school overseer that I quit, he just said 'okay'."

If I had to guess, I'd say he'd been seeing a fair bit of that kind of thing recently, and that's why it didn't take him by surprise (maybe even already half-expected it from you).

• Separation of Powers
    Separation of Powers
    One less drone
  • millie210
    millie210

Im glad you posted this "My Name Is of No Consequence".

I dont blame you for feeling slightly let down. It sounds like you really made your parts nice. Unfortunately the School you joined at age 9 has disappeared along with the rest of what we knew as being a J. WItness.

Its a whole other thing altogether now. Rote learning and apathy are the flags they're flying these days.

Its like going to what used to be a great restaurant that made their own food and finding out they buy it from a food service and just heat and serve now.

The comment the School Overseer gave is typical of what I hear too. I think it either means they dont care about people not in lockstep with the plan OR they are sick of it too and are more stuck than the students. In which case your school overseer may be joining this forum soon! LOL

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    congrats and dont be too sad you took something beneficial from it, see it as just that. enjoy the freedom
  • My Name is of No Consequence

Things changed whenever they went to strictly bible reading as opposed to the "introduction-bible reading-conclusion" format for the first student talk. It was great if you didn't take pride in your assignments. All you have to do now is get up there, read several scriptures and then sit back down. This format never really made since to me.

I remember one time, I said "Genesis Chapter 2, verses 1 through 15 reads..." and then started into the reading. Guess what? I was counseled to just go into the reading without saying what I was about to read. Even with the reading, I tried to make it unique, just something to break the monotony. You can not be unique in this farce of a religion.

Once the format was changed for the third student talk earlier this year, the writing was on the wall for me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit