I quit the Theocratic Ministry School

by My Name is of No Consequence 41 Replies latest jw experiences

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

After almost 24 years in the school and doing it since I was nine years old, I officially resigned. It has become increasingly difficult to prepare talks, especially with the new format for brothers. I did not mind doing them; I actually put the time and effort into getting them out. Not to pat myself on the back, but I thought I was very good at it. I only loosely followed the “suggested” material for talk no. 3’s and used many other sources for material. I tried my best to keep it interesting. Even with bible readings, I would practice constantly until it was perfect.

But no more.

Theocratic Ministry School (1991-2015)

May it rest in peace.

• sir82
    sir82

You graduated!

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Sir82 "You graduated!"

We all know you never graduate. It is like the Hotel California. You can check in but you can never check out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrfhf1Gv4Tw

I might have stayed in if it wasn't for the new format. I simply don't have the time and energy to coordinate with someone else to do an unrealistic settling that no one is paying attention to anyway. The school has essentially become a joke at this point. No one seems to put any effort or imagination into their assignments.
  • brandnew
    brandnew
    Next thing you know, they are gonna be giving out red squeezable " BOVIT - BOVIT " sounding noses at the door. Ha ha ha!!! As in....clown apparell.
  • NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    I am out of the loop, what is the new format?
  • Giordano
    Giordano

I used to be the Ministry School Servant way way back when leadership meant serving the needs of the congregation. What a concept!

What is the new format that took your pleasure away?

@NewYork44M

@Giordano

Brothers on the school can now be given assignments with assistants, just like the sisters.

• ctrwtf
    ctrwtf
    Yaaaaaaay! Pop a bottle of bubbly and Cheers!
    I feel a little sad about it actually. The TMS was something that has been apart of my life since the age of 9. It certainly has helped me to become a better speaker and communicator. However, it has outlived its usefulness for me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit