I MOVED OUT!

by airwlk149 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• Bridgette
    Bridgette

Dear airwalk,
    Your journey has begun. We are with you in spirit. Your dad sounds like an okay guy. Sounds like he loves you more than his religion, I hope it remains thus for you and he. There can be much healing in understanding. Keep us posted.
    Blessings on your new life.
    Bridgette

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

DON'T BE AFRAID! THERE'S NOTHING ELSE TO SAY.

ASHITAKA

• individuals wife
    individuals wife

Katie - I am so glad things are working out for you, I have been following your posts with interest - you should be so proud of yourself in taking a stand against the organisation - it takes a lot of courage. It can be so easy for people to critisize the way in which you left the JWs but it has to be realised that there never is a right way or wrong way to do it. It all depends on the individuals circumstances. I da'd and cut all ties completely to make a clean break from it all - I wanted to make a real statement, but then, I had no family left in the org. to worry about. Understandably if you have family still in then it can be so much more traumatic and your decision affects not only yourself but others you love as well. The one situation that really saddens me is when a person stays in the org. just for the sake of loved ones, that is so unfair. The Society are very cruel for imposing shunning - and even more cruel for misleading people in the world into thinking shunning does not include family members. I wish you joy and happiness in your future and the strength to continue on your journey of self-discovery. There are a lot of good people out in the world, regardless of what the JWs have told you - I hope you enjoy the freedom to explore your options in life.

TO MYMAILMUM - I get a sense of deja vu when I read your post to Katie..... seems I have come across you saying these exact same words before. Working on repition for emphasis are we?? Or cant you tailor your comments towards different individuals with different problems - you seem happy just to supply stock answers. Upon reading your comments again it seems you put all the blame of Katie leaving upon herself - calling her weak. She is not weak - she has stood up for what she believes in, she has taken a step back to examine her life as a JW and is not happy with it and is prepared to risk a hell of a lot to regain her freedom.

Through all my experiences as a JW I now realise that God is not behind the organisation - it is so clear now. All the organisation consists of is men, rules and regulations, money, property, deception and emotional blackmail. They do not have any special divine importance, in fact I think a lot of what they do is extremely displeasing to God, they hark back to the days of the Pharisees with all their regulations. It is no longer a joy to serve God through the auspices of the Watchtower Society, they have relied on the teachings of man rather than the teachings of Jesus. They have become overly concerned with money and property - was Jesus like that? I dont think so. They have become overly concerned with time, hours and records - was Jesus like that? No. They have become overly concerned with the prize at the end of the line - this paradise earth - was that the message that Jesus brought? No, he taught love. He did not teach death and destruction, he did not frighten people into loving Him and His Father. I have now realised that the Society does not have the love that Jesus talks of, just twisted ideas, hypocrisy and prejudice towards anyone who does not think their way. I want no part of it.

• think41self
    think41self

Hi Katie

I am so glad things are working out for you!! Take care of yourself and keep doing what you're doing. Life will start to make more sense.

To IW: You are right. Mymailmum is making the exact same response to all the new posters right now. Apparently not even bothering to read their stories and address personal remarks to them. I guess spamming is easier. Take care of yourself...and keep those eyes open

Tracy

• LDH1
    LDH1

Katie, good for you honey.

But beware, impulsiveness is a trait most young people have. Just make sure it doesn't burn your bridges.

If there is one lesson in this life I wish I had learned earlier, it is this:

DON'T burn your bridges. With family or anyone else. If they want to 'burn' you, let them. You can't control it.

I wish you the best of luck and hope you hang around here.

The best piece of advice I can offer you is GET A FULL TIME JOB immediately. This way, you won't be at anyone's advantage. Always carry your own weight. Take a year off, work full time and party safely. Then go to college and live your life.

Good luck,
    Lisa

• tvphonebranch
    tvphonebranch

Wow,

Hard to believe this was me all those years ago....

Time flies,

• blondie
    blondie

So, que pasa for the last 5 years, tv? In 25 words or less.

Blondie

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    Wow,

Hard to believe this was me all those years ago..

So, please tell us, tvphonebranch aka airwlk what's been happening with you?

What is going on in your life? Are you in contact with your family??

-Aude.

• gumby
    gumby

{deleted}

• ajsmama
    ajsmama

I couldnt agree with LDH more. You have to get a job right away, this will boost your self esteem, help you meet new people, and give you a feeling of control over your life when there are sure to be times in the future when you feel you have little.

I was never a JW, but I was kicked out of the house at 17 by my mother as well. And never accepted back because at 19 I gave birth to a mixed child.

I may not be able to relate on the JW level, but let me tell you mama, you will get through this! Start making your own money and get your own little space. Fill it only with things that bring you joy. Make friends with strong women who can show you how to find yourself and your inner strength. I related to you when you said how you blew up, I did the same. (sometimes I still do) and dont feel bad, it HAD to come out of you and its better for you that it did. But no more screaming at them mama, now you fight only for you.

Take help from where you can get it, cuz your gonna need it, but dont despair, just know that you will come out of this a stronger person, a wiser person, and when all is said and done maybe even be grateful for the journey

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit