I MOVED OUT!

by airwlk149 24 Replies latest jw experiences

• airwlk149
    airwlk149

ok, so i moved out on saturday. i am not 18 for 17 more days but my mom asked me to leave early all the same. on friday things got hairy, we had jw friends from out of town visiting, and i exploded. i told my dad that i never even wanted to be reinstated and that i am now apostate. he kind of freaked over that. i told him that i hated all witnesses and they were the worst people on earth. as you can see i kinda exploded! a bunch of tears and anger seeped out of me. my dad told me not to leave, but i did. i stayed at my "issue's" house.(lol) the next day my mom came to pick me up and asked me what had happened the night before with my dad and i (she had been in bed) i told her and i included that i didn't want my 2 friends studying anymore. that sent her over the deep end, that and the word "apostate". so she told me to leave now. she started throwing my stuff on my bed and to start packing. so i did. i called my friend/issue and told her to come pick me up. she came over. she took awhile and my mom was trying to convince me that she wasn't coming for me. well she did and i put all my stuff in her car and moved it to her room and garage. so since saturday i have been living with my "issue". we share a room. i am having fun with it. i am kind of scared because i don't have a permenet place to live yet, but i'll be ok. now i don't have to go to meetings or anything. I GET TO WATCH FRIENDS ON THURSDAY! AND RATED R MOVIES! so yeah- things are getting better...

love always,
    katie

thanks for reading! :)

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns
    now i don't have to go to meetings or anything. I GET TO WATCH FRIENDS ON THURSDAY! AND RATED R MOVIES! so yeah- things are getting better...

What can I say? I don't think there is an 'ideal' way to leave this religion, but there are IMO better ways and higher reasons. If you call yourself an 'apostate', you have alot to learn to be an effective one.

Good luck just the same,

Path

• kdk
    kdk

Im happy to read that the children of these cult members are able to still be free thinking individuals. I have an 8yr old step-daughter of which I worry about immensly. I only hope that with the minimal input her father and I are allowed to have in her life will help her to see through her mother and the jw/wts and the brainwashing and manipulation based on fear. If the WTC tradgedy taught me anything, its to cherish every little second of our lives and be happy. Any advise on how to watch over a little one vulnerable to the watchtower parasites would be much appreciated.

• California Sunshine
    California Sunshine

for kdk....

******** Any advise on how to watch over a little one vulnerable to the watchtower parasites would be much appreciated.********

I have no insight into your family situation. All my children are grown and I and them haven't been in the borg for years. There are many here that have had experience with this problem. Go to the main and start a threat and you will get lots of advise.

good luck to you and your little one

minds are like parachutes--they only function when open.

• Ray Skyhorse
    Ray Skyhorse

Hi Airwalk,

I'm glad your out of your parents house. It must be very difficult growing up when both your parents are in a cult. I know you must be kind of nervous about your future since you don't have a permanent place to live. Do you have a job? Are you in school? What are your plans? Do I sound like an overprotective parent or what?

Wishing you the best,
    Ray Skyhorse

• teenyuck
    teenyuck

Hi,

Good for you!!!

I also moved out when I was 18. I just happened to live with a single mother JW who was terrified I would end up poor, pregnant and going door to door--and married at 18. She encouraged my education over the elders objections. I got to go to college. I got grants, loans and worked to pay my way through. It was worth it. A whole world is out there waiting for you to discover it.

I was never disfellowshipped (at least that I know of) however, everyone in my immediate family was. My father for smoking, my older sister for fornication and my mother for fornication. My mother appealed and got her "conviction" overturned by the governing body. She only did it once. ;)

Anyway, if it is any consulation, you will make it. I did. I went to college and learned about other people and religions. Do you really think that God is going to only save people who call themselves JW's? What about Mother Theresa? All she did was help people. How can that be evil? You need to sit and logically think about things like that. What about women's rights? Do you see a similarity between Afganistan and the JW's? No education, should not work, etc.

You are important and have your whole life ahead of you. Try not to let the shunning and negativity worry you. Do you really want people like them for friends? They judge without facts. They rip families apart by demanding that non-believers have little contact. How healthy can this be? It is not. Bottom line. They are a mind controlling cult.

Please do not give up. It will be hard. Please keep in touch and let us know how you are doing.

• sweetone2377
    sweetone2377

Getting away from the religion was a great step to take. But IMO, you went about it the wrong way. You not only severed ties to the religion but also to your family. I DA'd myself over a year ago. I let my family cut off ties to me, instead of the other way around. It makes me even more firm in my resolve to not to get involved in the JW religion again. Watching Friends on Thursdays isn't really important. You now have to think about what you're going to do with your life. As a Witness, all that is decided for you. Now you have to decide for youself. It is a long process. A process of healing, forgetting to some extent, and moving on. I'm in the process of healing myself still. Now you have yourself to take care of, financially, emotionally, etc. And it's a tough road you're starting down. I wish you good luck and the maturity to handle what is about to happen in your life. My thoughts are with you.

• airwlk149
    airwlk149

ok- when i said that i could watch friends and rated r movies i was joking around. my situation is a very tense situation so anything that i can make a joke about i will. sorry if i offended anyone. i do have alot of worries, college, work, a place to live... etc., but i thank my lucky stars that i have some really wonderful friends to help me through all of this. they are non-jw's (worldly). last night my dad came and took me to dinner and reassured me that he would always talk to me and love me no matter what the elder's or anyone said. that made me feel better. he still wants me to attend meetings with him but i told him no. we started talking about religion and he said that disfellowshipping is a scriptual punishment. so we still disagree with alot of things. but it is nice to know that i have my family no matter what. as for my jw friends, well since i am not disfellowshipped they can still talk to me. one jw "friend" wants me to keep studying the knowledge book with her. i don't think so.....
    anyways i hope i cleared some things up. i only said i was apostate to scare my parents. that sounds mean and wicked and it is, but i couldn't help it at that moment. i probably am apostate since i have so many evil thoughts about elders and some jw's...
    if anyone wants to email me- it's: [email protected]

and Ray Skyhorse, if you read this email me so we can talk... i would enjoy talking to you!

love always,
    katie

thanks for reading! :)

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Wow, perhaps a little discretion would have been called for, but the courage was there. It's so hard leaving, it's like the marrionette strings are always there......I hope everything works out for you, I'm just coming to terms with the two years I've been away, but they've all been worth it....don't alienate yourself, become more loving and tolorent...i think that's the only was you'll be able to pull through without becoming very bitter, and good luck to you.

Ashitaka

• mymailmum
    mymailmum

I feel so sad for you...you have given so much of your life to Jehovah and then you gave up when under test.

Jehovah does not forget what you did for his name. But girl, you failed a test that all of Jehovah's Witnesses have to go thru. WE DO NOT SERVE AND WORSHIP PEOPLE, ESPECIALLY IMPERFECT PEOPLE!

You were tested like Job but you forgot to turn to Jehovah in pray to help you during the hardest test we all go thru. He would have guided you on what to do... then you would know for sure that He is real.

Are you with your new church people praising Jehovah and teaching people about the only hope of the Kingdom? You know you
    are not...but you know deep down that is what we are to do.

Jehovah has a perfect track record, EVERYTHING he says is going to happen...

Jesus said these apostates would come. They have all decided to jump off the bridge and you have followed. Just like Judas Escariot.

If I would have stayed in the Kingdom Hall just because of the people, imperfect people just like me, believe me I would have left a long time ago. I love Jehovah and if he allows certain things to continue for a time, then that is His decision.

Satan is the one testing all of Jehovah's people...he wants company.
    And all those aposates that have failed their test of faith in Jehovah want company too. And they cry about it all over the internet.

Why are they not coming to my door if they are so loving and they know what is going to happen in the future?

I cannot begin to tell you all the stuff I have personally gone thru over the years but I can tell you, I have seen ALOT. And each time I have had to make personal adjustments and sometimes even changed congregations where there were even apostates within, girl we are close to the end and you HAVE TO have a close relationship with Jehovah to get thru this. It is the only way...Please find a Hall that you feel comfortable and loved in...I know it is there for you... for sure...I trust in Jehovah! NOT imperfect MAN!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit