baptism.....again

by claudia 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Dear Seven,

Thank you for sharing this with us. I can't speak for anyone but myself but I definitely don't want to 'run you off'! Perhaps other witnesses have experienced this. It's easy enough to understand whey they would not dare tell anyone. As for praying for Jehovah to take this back I believe that you are very happy with your 'gift' and I don't think that you want him to do that. Am I right?

It's early morning here and I have to rush off but I hope to have more time this evening.

• Seven
    Seven

Good morning Frenchy,

You are right in surmising that I feel comfortable
    with this gift and wish to keep it. Knowing the diverse backgrounds that we come from I am curious
    as to how many others have had experiences such as
    mine?

7of9

• Seven
    Seven

To RedhorseWoman,

Welcome! Nice to meet you.

7of9

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

Dear Seven,

I have never had such an experience. My grandmother, however, was a faith healer. She raised me until I was about 9 years old or so and I have seen people come to her with all sorts of ailments which she healed. She was not an especially religious person but she knew these chants. As a child I was very frightened of this. She died while I was relatively young so I never got the chance to really question her on this.

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Frenchy,

I don't know anything about chants used in healing, but there is a discipline called Reiki (in fact, there are many people who have set up practices in Reiki) that is used to heal.

Something similar is the healing touch, which is even being used by nurse practitioners in hospitals.

The principle is basically that you can learn to direct healing energy through your hands into another being. I tried this on one of my cats that was sick, and was amazed to find that it worked.

All living creatures have a small electrical field surrounding them, and this seems to work by concentrating energy in the area that needs healing. Acupuncture works in a somewhat similar manner.

I think that there are many abilities that Jehovah has given us that we have simply not discovered yet.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Got a call from an old friend
    We used to be real close
    Said he couldn't go on the American way
    Closed the shop, sold the house
    Bought a ticket to the West Coast
    Now he gives them a stand-up routine in L.A.

I don't need you to worry for me cause I'm alright
    I don't want you to tell me it's time to come home
    I don't care what you say anymore, this is my life
    Go ahead with your own life, and leave me alone

I never said you had to offer me a second chance
    (I never said you had to)
    I never said I was a victim of circumstance
    (I never said)
    I still belong, don't get me wrong
    And you can speak your mind
    But not on my time

They will tell you, you can't sleep alone in a strange place
    Then they'll tell you, you can't sleep with somebody else
    Ah, but sooner or later you sleep in your own space
    Either way it's okay, you wake up with yourself

I don't need you to worry for me cause I'm alright
    I don't want you to tell me it's time to come home

I never said you had to offer me a second chance
    (I never said you had to)
    I never said I was a victim of circumstance
    (Of cirumstance)
    I still belong, don't get me wrong
    And you can speak your mind
    But not on my time

(Keep it to yourself, it's my life.)

• Wafe
    Wafe

The baptism that the society gives is not based Biblically (I should know I was baptized this way). All I can say is that if one is not baptized in the Name of the Father, Son, and holy spirit, it is more than likely not valid (one of the reasons I am looking to get rebaptized).

The questions that they use to ask were much more approprate but now...I don't think that they are.

• ALEX1
    ALEX1

Sweety,

You have to make a decision if you want to part of that type of lifestyle. In my eyes GOD is the only one the can judge you not Elders. I am a Christian and no other human can disfellowship me, tell me how to live my life, tell me who I can talk just because their not JWs. Don't do something to please your family and friends you have to live with this for the rest of your life if you do it their way. God loves us all

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit