Astonishing Publisher Peak in Britain for August 2006

by slimboyfat 72 Replies latest watchtower bible

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    Poet and writer Mark Twain sez: "if a million people believe in a stupid thing for a hundred years,it's STILL a stupid thing

I'm with Danny H on this one. I've always loved that quote!

• aniron
    aniron

Is there any influx of immigrants going on in Britain right now?

Yes we have been getting a lot of immigrants.

We are getting an influx of Poles and as the JW's a fairly strong in Poland maybe that will account for numbers.

But as for the indigenous population I don't think many have been becoming JW's.

• Mary
    Mary
    Scully said: How long has it been since they allowed the 15-minute publisher for the elderly and infirm?

I think it's been in about the last 5-6 years but I can't remember off hand.

I'm wondering whether that increase has anything to do with the increase. People who were previously counted as Inactive™ or Irregular Publishers™ can now just put in a 15-minute report each month and feel like they're doing their part.

Uh-huh. I know more than a few elders have made the comment that the only thing they're interested in are "numbers" so that they don't get their asses chewed out by the CO when he comes. Someone who was previously 'inactive' can now submit a FS report for 15 minutes and they're now counted the same as someone who gets 30 hours in.

It would be even more interesting to compare the total number of hours spent in the preaching work. Then you take the number of Pioneers™ and Auxiliary Pioneers™ and subtract their required number of hours, leaving you with the total hours for Publishers™. Then you divide the hours by the number of Publishers™, then divide again by 12 months to determine the average hours per Publisher™. It's usually not very impressive.

It's even less impressive when you factor in how much time they spend at Timmy's sipping coffee and playing Roll up the Rim.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit