I'm out of kleenexes

by gwyneth 24 Replies latest jw friends

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

Sorry gwyneth!

• Atpeaceatlast
    Atpeaceatlast

I lived in Apopka and know the Sorrento area very well (got my cat Sara in a shelter nearby there). We've moved to Pennsylvania in May 2005. It's so sad when a young man dies like that. My deepest condolences.

• anewme
    anewme

Gwyneth, I think your sincere tears are very touching and show what a sweet and sensitive person you are.
    It may also indicate how much stress your heart may be going through.

But death is an awful thing, a real thief.

Sorry about the loss of your friend.

Life is very precious and death reminds us to treasure each other and the times we share.

Anewme

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

Hi, Gwyneth, I echo what everyone else is saying, but also wanted to contribute my own experience: this is what happened to me as well when I attended the visitation of a coworker. He was my age, and he was instantly killed in a car accident, along with at least two of his friends who were in the car with him.

I met my other coworkers at work, and rode with them; I was the only girl in a car full of guys and they were cracking jokes, no doubt trying to ease the situation. One of them said something that really hit me, and all of a sudden, I sprung a leak. I could tell this made the young men (all early-to-mid 20's at the time; I was 20) uncomfortable, but I couldn't make it stop. It only got worse when I saw him laid out in the casket (there had been a lot of damage done and the make-up barely concealed this fact). I barely knew this young man, just that he had always been nice to me. But it just seemed so unfair, to see all the pictures of him as a happy kid, teen, with his family, and to walk up and introduce ourselves to his family, who just looked so broken...

It's OK to cry about these things. It's natural. I wish you peace, Gwyneth.

GG/BG

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

I am sorry for the loss of your old friend. You had been close to the family and you cried for the normal reasons that people cry. You lost someone you were friends with, and more, you love the people who lost someone incredibly important to them.

My sons best friend died in a similar fashion a few years ago and while I knew him, and fed him, I cried mostly because my son lost his best friend and I knew how much both he, and Richard's family (who we had a casual aquaintance with) would suffer. It brings to mind those we love that we connect with this person. In my case, my son would have been in that car in less than two minutes had the boy not crashed. That added another level of sadness for me. He was coming to our house and it happened 2 blocks away. The connections weren't so much incredibly direct(not my son)-but they were very much connections to my heart. And your friends husband had some history in your heart, and you currently care for those who loved him. Your sadness was totally natural. And totally appropriate.

I hope that you and your daughter will feel better soon, and be a good comfort to each other and your friends.

Shelly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit