I'm still angry, will this sect ever be stopped?

by restrangled 18 Replies latest jw friends

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

The sad news is that Jw's are just one of hundreds [thousands?] of destructive cults. They just happen to have affected this community.

I know what you mean though - the scars remain for a long time.

Jeff

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    I still want ALL , whats left of my family to get along and enjoy Christmas and a dinner together....but nothing doing. AND I MEAN NOTHING DOING. NO ONE EVEN TALKS TO EACH OTHER.

It might make you feel better, it might not, but many families are disfunctional and it has nothing to do with WTS. Point- many families can't get together and get along and enjoy Christmas together- even if they all celebrate.

• SB
    SB

i guess they can continue b/c this world really pushes the whole "freedom of religion" thing. Something that is interesting, when I went to the UN website and searched under "Jehovah's Witnesses", a bunch of articles came up where the UN had helped in human rights efforts for JW's in other countries. I wonder sometimes, if they have been so successful in winning religious rights law suits, b/c they were an NGO of the UN for so long, and the UN MUST pay special attention to it's own...that crazy beast.

restrangled ~ i'm so sorry to hear of your family disunity, it's hard enough when there is unepxlainable reasons why a family doesn't get along, but when you can trace it all back to hatred instilled by a religion, you can't help but harbor hatred for that religion itself. Don't let it raise your blood pressure too high, or they will end up killing you. i hope you have an awesome xmas, i would bake you cookies if you were local! :) the xmas decorated frosted ones ~ you know, the kind JW's only buy AFTER xmas when they are on sale and it's safe to be seen w/them b/c clearly they are not for the holidays anymore!! :)

• earthly king
    earthly king

Of course this sect, or organization of biblical teachings will be removed and united with all other religions upon the earth and True Christians in unity with The Father and Christ.

• My MILs worst nightmare, a nonJW
    My MILs worst nightmare, a nonJW
    It might make you feel better, it might not, but many families are disfunctional and it has nothing to do with WTS. Point- many families can't get together and get along and enjoy Christmas together- even if they all celebrate.

I don't know why this made me laugh....we move down to Florida to get away from all the family drama, then they all insist on moving down here, then fast forward a few years and nobody speaks to each other. I know its not funny, but in a way its pretty funny. It's been a never ending soap opera. What is apparent to OTWO, and that you forget, is that the couple of times a year that we do get them all together, after the last one finally leaves at 3:00 in the morning after the booze finally runs out, you swear you will never do that again. Restrangled, you got along best with your family when they lived 1200 miles away. Maybe its time to move again.

• restrangled
    restrangled

MIL,

When do you want to put the house up for sale?

r.

• My MILs worst nightmare, a nonJW
    My MILs worst nightmare, a nonJW

I say lets move and don't tell them. They're shunning you anyway, they'll never know the difference. When's the annual census, I mean memorial? Hell, for that matter we could just move to the other end of town. They'd never know. Lets start planning.

• blondie
    blondie

Spiritual abuse from any source (abuse as well, why people stay)

Recommended book

http://www.amazon.com/Subtle-Power-Spiritual-Abuse/dp/1556611609

The Subtle Power of Spiritual Abuse

• jgnat
    jgnat

If we STOPPED the Watchtower, there would be a dozen worse organizations ready to accept the needy. Some people DEMAND that they be led. Instead of STOPPING the Watchtower, I'd like to see them HOBBLED.

That is, their ability to trap the unwary, stripped.

Their power to punish those who leave, gone.

Their immunity from litigation, ended.

Let's stop them from hiding behind the religious label. Abuse is abuse.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit