JW's speak about the method used to kill people at armageddon

by jambon1 13 Replies latest jw friends

• jambon1
    jambon1

Just how is it all going to happen?

I mean, you dont have to be a friggin rocket scientist to work out the logistics of 6 billion+ corpses on the face of the earth! To be honest, I know its a lot of bullshit but it intrigues/angers me to think back to some of the ludicrous converstaions I overheard regarding the murder of 6 billion+ people in the 'near' future. Just a couple of examples;

• One brother was obsessed about the actual process. He actually wanted to see the killing going on.
    • Another conversation went exactly like this - "he will just take the breath away from them, it wont be cruel". (slightly different from the depictions in the mags, I know).
    • The talks that were given, relating to scriptures talking about the big day were just bizarre. I always thought that if I was a visiting person I would be listening and thinking 'WTF'.

Its all just laughable when you think about it now really. But these conversations are an insult to humanity. I dont think they realise what they are actually saying. Its that bad.

Did you ever hear such conversations where people seemed almost gleefull about peoples 'imminent' destruction?

• kid-A
    kid-A

Its nauseating, however, the Christian fundamentalists who believe all non-christians will burn in hell forever are certainly no better, in fact, they're worse: they relish the ETERNAL suffering of non-christians, at least the JWs consider it a "one-time" execution.....

How any rational mind can accept such rubbish is astounding.

• Woofer
    Woofer

I remember being out in field service and if a particular person at the door was mean someone would say "their day is coming" or "they will get what's coming to them". They seemed smug about the comment too.

• jambon1
    jambon1
    I remember being out in field service and if a particular person at the door was mean someone would say "their day is coming" or "they will get what's coming to them". They seemed smug about the comment too.

Such @rseholes eh?

• Amazing
    Amazing

Kid-A,

Yes, the Governing Body are going to burn forever in HELL for their wicked teachings about Armageddon!

Most good normal Christians, which are the majority, consider Hell to be eternal separation from God. But how that occurs and what features of such an existence are involved are a not understood. Personally, while I continue to be a Christian and affiliate with the Catholic Church, I don't know what to make of Hell. Revelation 20 shows us that both "death" and "hell" are thrown into the Lake of Fire ... this suggests to me that this is a symbolic lake that is used to terminate such things as death and hell (grave). I suppose in this one respect, I have to agree with the JW concepts of Hell.

Jim Whitney

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I went out in service once with someone who made a similar comment. He followed the comment with "and I will watch and just laugh at them while they die." I was very disturbed by my experience. When I went home to tell my wife she could not understand why I thought his comment was so disturbing.

• DannyHaszard
  • StillGroggy
    StillGroggy

definitely heard a lot of dubs call people wormfood while walking away from the door. The other day this dub called the guy at the door an idiot while still in earshot. Chrischun love, eh???

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

I am sure many have heard the comment..."there is a walking corpse" when seeing someone who was disfellowshipped. When I first left, there was a song by Rob Zombie(I think that is his name) called "Living Dead Girl" and that is what I thought of myself. No wonder I went a bit nuts!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

It is chilling to read such twisted statements together in one place:

"It is a good thing to have these things published in the Catholic press and elsewhere so that when Jehovah God destroys the whole miserable nest of vipers every honest and decent person may rejoice that they no longer cumber the earth which they have disgraced" (Golden Age, "Churchianity & Christianity," 11 October 1933, p. 26).
    "So great will be the slaughter by the invisible forces of Jehovah God that there will not be enough people left on earth to bury those who are dead.... The wild beasts of the forest and the zoos will be turned loose upon the people who have ill-treated the beasts for many centuries, and all these shall take part in the destruction of humankind. Floods and storms, hurricanes and fire, dashing to pieces and destroying cities, towns and nations, and the inhabitants thereof .... There are millions who make no profession or claim to being Christian and who have not "heard" the message of the kingdom.... Probably all these others are going down in death in the great conflict, because the purpose of the Devil is to destroy all the human race and he attempts to do it." (Armageddon, The Greatest Battle of All Time: Who Will Survive?, 1937, pp. 41-42, 61).
    "Many millions have not yet heard. A responsibility falls upon everyone of Jehovah’s witnesses now to see that, God willing, these peoples of the world are given the opportunity to hear. If they hear, they will be blessed. If they do not have an ear to hear, they will go on into destruction along with the Devil's organization at Armageddon" (Watchtower, 15 February 1943, "College Training," p. 62).
    "At Revelation 7:4-8 and 14:1, 3 the Bible makes it plain that there will be only 144,000 consecrated, spirit-begotten Christians that will be exalted with Christ Jesus and that others of good-will who are to be spared during the coming battle of Armageddon will be few compared with the great population now on the earth. .... The Scriptures show that the organization of Jehovah’s witnesses is a society of ministers that teaches others to be His ministers of the gospel. Only his ministers may have any hope of surviving Armageddon... " (Watchtower, "What is There in it For Ministers?", October 1948, p. 141, 315)
    "For the child’s own good and to the praise of God the Watch Tower Society also urges children to become vacation pioneers .... At Armageddon’s slaughter old and young alike will not be spared. After the marking work had been done according to Jehovah’s instructions, the command to his executioners then was: 'Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women: but come not near any man upon whom is the mark' (Ezek. 9:6). Therefore no guarantee is given that a child will pass through Armageddon by reason of the field-service record of a parent that is careless toward his own children. In fact, the parent might be zealous and faithful on every point except that of offering his own children freely in God’s service" (Watchtower, "More and More Pioneers of Good News," 1 April 1950, p. 106).
    "There is no general repentance and Armageddon will annihilate the evildoers. Armageddon survivors will not mourn the destruction of those Jehovah judges worthy of it" (Watchtower, "Questions From Readers," 15 July 1954, p. 447).
    "Viewed from the right standpoint, the passing away of this world or system of things at Armageddon in the greatest time of trouble of all history is an expression of God’s love, no matter how terrible the trouble he will bring by which to destroy it" (Watchtower, "God's Love to the Rescue in Man's Crisis," 15 January 1955, p. 58).
    "Men can spray a field with chemicals that kill weeds but spare crops; too bad they cannot spray cities with bombs that blow the bad to bits but leave the innocent intact" (Watchtower, "War From Heaven Brings Peace on Earth," 15 July 1955, p. 436).
    "Men have a saying about 'dying with your boots on.' At Armageddon Jehovah God will grant their wish and let them 'die with their boots on' .... And what about Jehovah God? Does he prepare for Armageddon? Well, would you prepare to kill a fly? Would you prepare to squash a bug? Would you do calisthenics every morning for weeks to get in condition to swat a fly? Would you train with barbells for months to make your muscles bulge and give you strength to step on a bug? Would that be necessary? Could you not cope with the fly or the bug without special training?" (Watchtower, "War From Heaven Brings Peace on Earth," 15 July 1955, p. 438)
    "Release of all the nations' atomic bombs and hydrogen bombs, disease germ bombs and chemical gas bombs will not compare in magnitude, powerfulness and devastating effect with this "unwonted act" of the Almighty God, Jehovah .... Why should not blood run deep and far with over two billion dead? Was there ever a war of the length of Armageddon's duration that left even a billion dead? .... With the members of this generation that will not pass away before Armageddon breaks out numbering now two billion five hundred million and with only the remnant and a larger group of "other sheep" inside the Greater Noah's "ark" surviving, the death toll of the "war of the great day of God the Almighty" will be appallingly all-surpassing, too many for the Armageddon survivors to bury. Come on, birds and beasts! Have your fill then from the human corpses in retribution for the wanton slaughter of animal and birdlife of which the human race has been guilty!" (You May Survive Armageddon, 1955, pp. 340-342).
    "Armageddon will be greater than any nuclear war fought on a global or even on a "space" scale. The Bible shows that Armageddon will be a war between gods and universal in scope.... As for humans upon earth, on the side of Jehovah will be all those fully dedicated to him and who are faithfully following Jesus Christ; compared with earth’s billions these are indeed few.... On Satan’s side will be all the rest of mankind, more than 99.9 percent, even as we read: "The whole world is lying in the power of the wicked one." That includes all the governments of the world together with their supporters, the commercial, religious and social institutions.... Armageddon will be the worst thing ever to hit this earth in the history of man. It will be marked by shocking surprise, consternation, fright, collapse of government, tremendous upheavals of earth, landslides, cloudbursts, overflowing flash-floods, rain of corrosive liquid fire and terror in the air, on land and in the sea" (Watchtower, "What Will Armageddon Mean to You?", 15 October 1958, pp. 614-615).
    "Into the valley of decision, as into a vast wine-press trough, the King leaps with his army of holy angels. SQUASH! The treading of the nations, including Christendom, begins... Never before in all human history will so many human creatures have been slaughtered. Blood, as representing human lives poured out, will run deep and over a vast distance... With breathless awe they [the survivors] will have looked down from their safe heights into the valley of decision and witnessed how Jehovah gains his magnificent victory by Christ over all the combined nations of Satan’s visible organization. At His victory in vindication of his universal sovereignty we witnesses will sing his praises exultantly and will acknowledge him as our God for all time and eternity. We are near the time of his battle and transcendant victory" (Watchtower, "United Against Nations in the Valley of Decision," 1 December 1961, p. 724-725).
    "Yes, today, with Armageddon staring us in the face, we must keep in mind the sobering thought that millions, even billions, of lives may shortly come to a swift and decisive end, putting their onetime owners beyond the reach of any expression of love on our part" (Watchtower, "Fulfilling the New Commandment of Love," 1 April 1965, p. 212).
    "The unburied dead, 'those slain by Jehovah,' will be so enormously many that even the carrion birds and scavenging wild beasts could never take care of their consumption. The burial of even what remains after these lower creatures have their fill would be stupendous. Doubtless the Almighty God will use some highly scientific means, whether including antimatter or not, to dispose of the surplus of decaying bodies in a speedy and sanitary way" (The Nations Shall Know That I Am Jehovah -- How?, 1971, p. 377).
    "Only Jehovah’s Witnesses, those of the anointed remnant and the 'great crowd,' as a united organization under the protection of the Supreme Organizer, have any Scriptural hope of surviving the impending end of this doomed system dominated by Satan the Devil" (Watchtower, "Remaining Organized for Survival Into the Millennium," 1 September 1989, p. 19).
    "Many wonder, however, why a God who is the very embodiment of love would inflict death and destruction on much of humankind. The situation might be compared to that of apest-infested house. Would you not agree that a conscientious homeowner should safeguard the health and well-being of his family by exterminating the pests? ... The battle of Armageddon is actually one of the best things that could happen to us!" (Watchtower, "Armageddon -- A Happy Beginning," 1 December 2005, p. 6)

Compare with the dodge provided by J. R. Brown to the press:

We have in no way made the claim that here we are above others in any way, or that we have some special pipeline to God or special information. Obivously we feel we have the truth, or we would proclaim something else. So those matters were somewhat mixed up in the past, but we've made an effort to clarify them. What we feel we have as the truth, we proclaim that to others. That's the reason we have the work (house to house, street work, or however) to speak our message which we feel is based on the Bible and truth. But it's based on the Bible, we didn't invent it or originate it, it's already there.

L. Understood. So that there's no currently any understanding that says that only Jehovah's Witnesses are, in other words, chosen or the only ones who would survive an apocalyptic doomsday scenario?

B. We feel that's entirely up to God. But we do know that if a person isn't in line with God's way of living and thinking, then he runs a serious risk there. Even as the people in the time of Noah did, those who finally didn't line up with what God's prophet was stating then, and that was Noah, they didn't survive. They were lost in the Flood. So likewise in our day and time; we feel that people who are not living according to what is stated there. And everybody can read God's Word, the Bible. And it's up to them whether they choose to apply it or not. But they will be judged not by us but by God. We can point out his standard, we can read it and show it to them. He's the Judge, we can't read hearts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit