Breaking the Destructive Cycle of the Watchtower Society

by The wanderer 11 Replies latest jw friends

• The wanderer
    The wanderer
    Breaking the Destructive Cycle of the Watchtower Society

Despite the obvious, I do not attend meetings anymore, in what other ways have
    you accomplished breaking the cycle of the Jehovah's Witnesses programming
    ideologies?

Keeping a positive outlook on life after being derailed

What have you done or are planning to do in order to keep a positive out-
    look on life? Can you offer any advice for those seeking to better them-
    selves regarding life after the Watchtower?

Please offer some ways a person can keep their
    balance in life regarding the aftermath of the Watch-
    tower Society.

Respectfully,

The Wanderer

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I haven't posted to a Wanderer forum in awhile. I like this one.

As a fader with an active wife, I am constantly facing the WT doctrine.
    I do attend meetings (but try to miss many) so I need ways to keep sanity.
    I do not study the material ahead of the meetings, I know it's the same old
    stuff, so I look at it during the meeting.

I will comment at the meetings, but never in a way that violates what I now
    believe. Sometimes I find myself saying something like this-
    "The paragraph implies that [ridiculous JW doctrine]." This allows me to
    ridicule the WTS without people even catching on. After our CO totally snubbed
    me, I commented a bunch about "shepharding." Even the elders didn't catch
    on to the sarcasm. Helps break up the mind-control session to actively
    participate a little, but in your own way. If you don't participate, keep your mind
    active by thinking of other matters in your life during the meetings.

I do not use the special language at all when I can remember- replacing
    "publisher" with "mag. distributor" or "recruiter" and with "door-to-door WT
    proclaimer" in the presence of the JW's. Instead of calling Brother Smith
    or Sister Jones, I say Tom or Cindy.

I let out my frustration on JWD, but I also try to get outside, get busy with
    important matters in my life that don't involve JW's or JWD.

I read books negative to JW's, but mix in light stuff and positive stuff about
    other subjects. (You cannot escape if you become a prisoner to your bitterness)

Don't obsess on WTS, get off the computer sometimes. Even if you totally reject
    religious ideas, read things about belief systems to see that these other people
    are normal human beings.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Bttt,

I really want to hear what others say.

• unhappy
    unhappy

I shop a lot!

Also find the soaps very informative!

And at last its guilt freeeeeeeee

Happy

• daystar
    daystar
    Despite the obvious, I do not attend meetings anymore, in what other ways have
    you accomplished breaking the cycle of the Jehovah's Witnesses programming
    ideologies?

When I was a younger, I didn't like brussel sprouts or spinach. I also didn't like country music, opera, rap... I was certain that if I possessed certain books that I ran the risk of myself becoming possessed by demons, etc.

Oddly, I had never tried brussel sprouts or spinach. When I did, I found that I liked them, when prepared in certain ways. I had never listened to country music, opera, rap, etc. with a truly open mind. When I did, I found that I liked some country, a good deal of opera and some rap. I had never possessed or read certain books. But when my interest caused me to buy some and read them, I found that I never became possessed by demons. And I came to the conclusion that the WBTS demonized the books (thoughts, really) because they were in opposition to the JW "philosophy" of life.

It helped me to break the cycle (and I'm by no means done) by challenging the assumptions provided to me by the religion, by my parents and by popular culture (brussell sprouts! Ewwww!)

It is by fear that our minds are entrapped. Face the fears with eyes wide open and you will go far in freeing your mind and your soul.

selves regarding life after the Watchtower?

Discovering for myself that the Universe is a much larger, more wonderous place than I was led to believe helped a great deal. Discover the passion of your heart, the true passion... not what you should follow, but what your heart tells you, and follow that passion with your whole being.

Each of us have within ourselves certain things that fulfill us. This is our reason. Find what they are and pursue them.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Wanderer..Stay away from anything Watchtower orientated..Search out positive education,jobs,hobbies and people...The World of the WBT$ is not the only choice you have.You were just told it was...OUTLAW

• parlay
    parlay

Do what you've always wanted to but didn't because it somehow didn't fit into the WT framework.

Go back to school, start a business, experience friendship not based on plastic WT principles, get to know

people without the WT judgemental mindset. Prove them wrong by being happy and successful in what ever you do.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Getting away from the source of the brainwashing is definitely important but more is needed to truly break free. I'm no expert but I can talk about my personal experience. I slipped away from the hypocrites four or five years ago but it was only a location thing. I still had the garbage running through my mind and affecting my decisions. I didn't start healing until I started questioning each of the many beliefs I've held onto over the years and jettisioning the ones that are pure crap.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

I make a point of telling as many people as I can, that will listen, just how destructive and evil the watchliar sociopath society is. It serves two purposes. One, it gets the message out, and two, it re-enforces their evilness in my mind. You can do it, just be strong.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

selves regarding life after the Watchtower

Reprogram yourself with positive affirmations. Self hypmotize yourself and plant the positive messages in your mind. The rest of your life is yours. Put the thoughts in your mind that are indicative of the person you want to be. Put the good thoughts over all the negative JW thoughts. You cant delete the Jw thoughts but you can bury them so far down that it would take an act of congress to get them to reappear. In your Jw life you let the Jw's program your life. Now it is time to take control and program your life to be the person you want to be. You are and become what you think about. This is the strangest secret known to man.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit