What is your favorite JW year ? 1879 - 2006

by The_Replacement 20 Replies latest watchtower bible

• james_woods
    james_woods

How about a vote from the fringes of sanity?

I make it 1913.

This was the date for the end of the world, revealed by God himself...that is, until Chuck & Co. figured out that there wasn't any zero year between BC and AD.

So, they made it 1914 instead.

Still, though - no end of the world - and thus begins the eschatologal paper chase.

My second vote is for the future year 2014.

James, still waiting for anything to ever come true.

• The_Replacement
    The_Replacement

I guess I should of said 1874 - 2006,

forgot about the 1874 year, the first mention of Christ's presence being invisible ........

that is too funny, too think people actually believed it.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

My favourite year is 2005, the year I disassociated.

The most famous wts year has to be 1975, considering the number of people who knew about their armageddon prophecy for that year, and subsequently laughed about it when, as usual, the prophecy failed.

• pobthespazz
    pobthespazz

2002 got made redundant had a few grand and met my lovely 2nd wife .............. and of course 1995 the year I left the WTS

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

My jw year is my favorite? LOL! That's kind of like asking me which one of the zits I had during high school was my favorite, but I'll try to give this some thought.

I last attended a meeting in 2001/2002 (don't remember exactly when it was, but I may have went to the memorial in 2002)

I realized the jw are a cult in 2006

I realized how creepy it was that a ministerial servant about ten years younger than me was concerned with wether or not my wife and I were engaging in oral sex in 2000

My indoctrination began in 1988, the same year I sacrificed my first wife on the alter of the watchtower

Gosh, so many years, which to choose.

I think I'm going to go with 2007. Hopefully that will be the one they do enough stupid things and make enough stupid predictions that they lose all credibility and those stuck inside her rooms of hypocrisy can escape.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

1977and 1978, when number of publishers decreased

• Woodsman
    Woodsman

• willyloman
    willyloman
    2003. The year I stopped going to meetings.

Me, too. Best year ever.

• Backed away
    Backed away

LOL Abandoned!

My jw year is my favorite? LOL! That's kind of like asking me which one of the zits I had during high school was my favorite, but I'll try to give this some thought.

I was thinking more like Hemorroids!

1991, the last year I was a hypocrite, I faded off into the sunset...

• Backed away
    Backed away

No, I couldn't think of anything else, I just wanted to get to 100 posts!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit