"2007 'Follow the Christ!' District Convention of Jehovah's Witness"

by I.Wonder 16 Replies latest jw friends

• I.Wonder
    I.Wonder

Yippy Skippy!!!!

The week of January 1st we are having a part on the 07' District Convention!

I am so excited I can barely contain myself!

I.Wonder

• blondie
    blondie

So what country is this in. No DCs in the US until summer 2007.

Blondie

• I.Wonder
    I.Wonder

It's in the US. It's going to be the week of Jan 1st 2007. I think it's one of those parts that supposed get you "pumped" up for the DC. I believe they will also announce where it wil be held. It's a 25 min. part on the service meeting.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Well I.Wonder, you will be able to give us a report on the dc, so most of us will know what we are missing in summer, they don't start in the UK until June. It will be interesting to see in which way the wts are now "following the christ", not an action I can say I particularly noticed them doing in my time as a jw from 1981 until last year.

Good luck with your convention part.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

When was the last time Jesus Christ's name was used in a convention title? I think the WT is getting smart (thanks in part to the internet) with the fact that many are not finding Christ in the organization and are taking serious issue with the fact that they hardly ever use his name - being that they are supposed to be his followers and all.

This may be the beginning of something but I wonder how long it will really last. Seems to me to keep their Pharisitical hold on thier members, they won't be able to quote from Jesus too much or their members will learn how loving he was and they will tarnish their Jehovah the Great taskmaster views. After all we have to control the masses now don't we? They will probably quickly see that their motives will be much better served if they just keep sending their followers back to the old testament like they have been doing for ages now.

Either way - this developement could prove to be very interesting. Thanks for sharing. Lilly

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

When was the last time Jesus Christ's name was used in a convention title? I think the WT is getting smart (thanks in part to the internet) with the fact that many are not finding Christ in the organization and are taking serious issue with the fact that they hardly ever use his name - being that they are supposed to be his followers and all.

This may be the beginning of something but I wonder how long it will really last. Seems to me to keep their Pharisitical hold on thier members, they won't be able to quote from Jesus too much or their members will learn how loving he was and they will tarnish their Jehovah the Great taskmaster views. After all we have to control the masses now don't we? They will probably quickly see that their motives will be much better served if they just keep sending their followers back to the old testament like they have been doing for ages now.

Either way - this developement could prove to be very interesting. Thanks for sharing. Lilly

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

oops, I hit it twice. Can someone delete one post for me? Thanks Lilly

• I.Wonder
    I.Wonder

I am so sorry for the confusion I have caused. I am not the best at communicating clearly. I do not have a part on the DC (thank god). I recieved the Service Meeting Schedule in an e-mail today and I simply wanted to pass the info on. I didn't know if the 07' DCs theme had been posted yet so I thought would post it. Again I am sorry for the confusion.

Regards,

I.Wonder

Service Meeting Schedule for the week of January 1st 2007:

Week of January 1st
    Songs to be used: 158, 65
    5 min. Announcements
    15 min. Reporting on the Progress of the Ministry.
    25 min. “2007 ‘Follow the Christ!’ District Convention of Jehovah’s Witnesses.”

• I.Wonder
    I.Wonder

Lilly I agree with you. I really don't know what direction they plan on going with the 07' DC but as you said "this developement could prove to be very interesting".

I.Wonder

• Gordy
    Gordy

Is that right?

That the 2007 District Conventions are to be called "Follow the Christ!"

Can we have confirmation,please.

I'm in shock if they are.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit