"2007 'Follow the Christ!' District Convention of Jehovah's Witness"

by I.Wonder 16 Replies latest jw friends

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

I thought it was going to be "The End - Very, Very, Super Soon!"

• Gordy
    Gordy
    I thought it was going to be "The End - Very, Very, Super Soon!"

The "End" has happened its just invisble.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Interesting title choice. BTW, before the 1950s, "the Christ" referred to the "anointed class" (in fact, "the anointed" is used today in the same sense that "the Christ" used to be, and "Christ" literally means "anointed").

• Honesty
    Honesty

You can just about bet that it's going to end with " the importance of humble submission to Jehovah’s arrangement."

• I.Wonder
    I.Wonder
    before the 1950s, "the Christ" referred to the "anointed class" (in fact, "the anointed" is used today in the same sense that "the Christ" used to be, and "Christ" literally means "anointed").

OMG!! I never new that! I am always learning something new here. Thanks Leolaia!

• willyloman
    willyloman
    Is that right? That the 2007 District Conventions are to be called "Follow the Christ!"

Yep, but notice the weasel word: Follow the Christ. It will be a long, long time before you attend a DC called "Follow Jesus Christ."

p.s. There's a whole other thread on this, here: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/124131/2195939/post.ashx#2195939

• I.Wonder
    I.Wonder

So 'Follow the Christ' likely means follow the annointed, which means follow the faithful and discreet slave, which really means follow the old farts the governing body at brooklyn.

I am going to stop procrastinating and finally learn to sleep with my eyes open so I can get through the next DC with (hopefully) some brain cells still in tact!

I.Wonder

Thanks for the thread willyloman.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit