HOW DO I GET PRESCRIPTIONS FROM CANADA - LIVE IN US

by juni 12 Replies latest jw friends

• juni
    juni

ANY HELP APPRECIATED.

HEALTH PLAN CHANGED AND THE MED I'M ON IS NOW $88 A MONTH INSTEAD OF $20.

ANYONE KNOW OF A SITE TO GO TO FOR REPUTABLE REFILLS ON PRESCRIPTIONS FROM CANADA?

THANKS MUCH.

JUNI (IN THE USA)

• crazyblondeb
  • Mary
    Mary
    HEALTH PLAN CHANGED AND THE MED I'M ON IS NOW $88 A MONTH INSTEAD OF $20. ANYONE KNOW OF A SITE TO GO TO FOR REPUTABLE REFILLS ON PRESCRIPTIONS FROM CANADA?

Hey hon.....I'd be careful about buying anything on-line. You're in Wisconsin right? How far a drive is it to the Canadian border for you? Canadian Pharmacists aren't supposed to fill American prescriptions, but alot of them take pity on de Yankees, cause they know you're really getting screwed over and they will fill them, but you have to come over in person.

If I were you, I'd look up a Pharmacy in the closest Canadian city to wherever you are, and speak to the Pharmacist directly and get his advice. If they can't fill it for you, they can probably suggest a reputable site. I'd get it filled for you, but Ah's pretty sure it's a Federal Offense for me to ship drugs across the border.

• jukief
    jukief

My mom buys a lot of her medications from Canada Drugs. She's been doing it for years. They're the very same drugs sold in the US, from the same manufacturers, dispensed by licensed pharmacists, but they're a heck of a lot cheaper.

• metatron
    metatron

You should also investigate Mexican pharmacies - some of which will ship directly to you, thru US mail! Do a web search on Mexmeds.

Also, if you advise us of what drugs you need, some of us may be able to suggest natural substitutes

• joanne_
    joanne_

Hi Juni, I happen to know the answer to this quesion ...Minit Drugs in Calgary Alberta, I worked there for 3 years and it is a very reputable pharmacy. It is licensed and goverened by the Alberta Pharmaceutical Association, It's a member of CIPPA and another organization. You can find that info on the web. The web site is www.pharmacy-online.ca. I can help you with any questions at all. And I can give you tips on how to save even more money. Please pm me. If you are in the states I would be happy to call you. I have free long distance to canada and the usa.

Hope to hear from you soon

Joanne

• juni
    juni

Thank you so much; I will be researching your answers later as I'm watching my granddaughter and don't have time right now.

Mary, you got me ascared girl!! I'm looking into that too. Don't want to do something illegal.

I'm more toward the south of Wisconsin near Madison the captitol. Quite a drive to the Canadian border.

Talk later.....have to go now.

Hugs to all,

Juni PS ABOUT MEXICAN DRUGS - DON'T WANT TO GO THAT ROUTE. NEVER KNOW IF THEY PUT ONE OF THEM TEQUILA WORMS IN THERE TOO.

• metatron
    metatron

I goofed, it's medsmex.com.

Seriously, they ship out drugs in original factory packaging. I had a friend with no health insurance and he got his

heartburn medicine without a prescription and much cheaper.

metatron

• Scully
    Scully

Juni

Make sure your doctor writes your prescription for the GENERIC version of the drug, not the BRAND NAME version (acetaminophen vs Tylenol).

If your health care plan will only cover the price of the generic brand, and your doctor writes the brand name, you will have to pay the difference. However, if the doctor writes the prescription for the generic brand, and the pharmacy only carries the "brand name", they cannot charge you for the brand name price. That's how it works here. Always ask your doctor to write the prescription for the generic name of the drug they want you to take, or include a note that "generic substitutions" are ok.

That may be all you need to do to get the lower priced meds.

• blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit