If we were in Bible times, I would be stoned...(by my family)

by megsmomma 38 Replies latest jw friends

• parakeet
    parakeet

megsmomma, your mother's comment illustrates what I've said in a few other threads -- that the JWs' harsh shunning policy IS stoning; they just don't use stones.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

When someone joins a cult they give up their free thinking abilities. But many people are walking around in zombie like trances. Our owners consider us consumers. They are constantly finding the next big thing for us to buy. Then they thin the herd with make believe reasons for war which the sheeple galantly sacrafice their life into the great unknow for. And the sheeple back at home cant get over admiring them. Those who are onto the scam passively resist.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

(((megsmomma)))

Even with the hypocrisy and false prophecy. Even with the constantly mutating doctrines. Even with the depression, backbiting, backstabbing, and other childish behaviors, the one thing that really drives home to me that this group has no more of god's backing then a group of back alley thugs, is the shunning. It's nothing more than intimidation. I don't deal well with intimidation. I'm not saying I'm vengeful, it's just that intimidation is completely ineffectual with me. If somebody needs to intimidate me to do something then they either it's not worth doing or they don't have the right to ask me to do it.

I feel for what you have to go through and I hope one day that they come to their senses and see the light, but either way, I'm glad that you are free from that horrific religion.

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

The OT quotes are actually what opened my eyes to the deception of the JWs.

To justify the constant barrage of Mosaic Laws placed upon the rank and file, the WT uses a scripture that reads along the lines of "All scripture is beneficial." I'm not going to look it up but it's there.

I'll agree that scripture is "beneficial" because we can learn so much about biblical times by reading the OT. The problem becomes when the meaning of "beneficial" is perverted and people are forced to conform to non-Christian practices by a group of bullies.

• ringo5
    ringo5

Sorry to hear your mom could say such things, it's probably an attempt to hurt you born out of frustration with the predicament she find's herself in, although that's no excuse. But I find it hard to believe she has actually imagined herself doing it.

You could ask her, how she would feel if a mother in her community actually carried out such an act, say for instance, maybe her daughter was unable to yell for help while being raped because of being paralyzed with fear, as this also was punishable by stoning. This woman also claimed that she was just following God's commandments. Would she feel a kinship to such a woman? Or possibly question that woman's sanity?

It's not hard to trace back this hard line attitude to the WTS,

w52 11/15p.703 Questions from Readers***

Questions

from Readers

In the case of where a father or mother or son or daughter is disfellowshiped, how should such person be treated by members of the family in their family relationship?— P.C., Ontario, Canada.

We are not living today among theocratic nations where such members of our fleshly family relationship could be exterminated for apostasy from God and his theocratic organization, as was possible and was ordered in the nation of Israel in the wilderness of Sinai and in the land of Palestine. "Thou shalt surely kill him; thy hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. And thou shalt stone him to death with stones, because he hath sought to draw thee away from Jehovah thy God, . . . And all Israel shall hear, and fear, and shall do no more any such wickedness as this is in the midst of thee."—Deut. 13:6-11, AS.

Being limited by the laws of the worldly nation in which we live and also by the laws of God through Jesus Christ, we can take action against apostates only to a certain extent, that is, consistent with both sets of laws. The law of the land and God’s law through Christ forbid us to kill apostates, even though they be members of our own flesh-and-blood family relationship. However, God’s law requires us to recognize their being disfellowshiped from his congregation, and this despite the fact that the law of the land in which we live requires us under some natural obligation to live with and have dealings with such apostates under the same roof.

You can almost feel their disappointment while reading this, if it wasn't for the law of the land and that hippie Jesus, every Kingdom hall would have it's own quarry for these special occasions...

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Hi Megsmomma, I remember either that article or a similar one that seemed regretful that they no longer COULD stone unrepentant wrongdoers. Of course these are the same people that can't wait till the birds are pecking out your eyes, either. What sick sick ideas.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb
    Your Mother sounds lovely.our Mothers should get together and practice chucking rocks

Can my mom join? I'd know she'd love to!!! Now I'm getting a mental image of the 3, in dresses, and bookbags, throwing rocks. Whew!!!!!

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

Again...thanks so much for the support, understanding, and for being able to relate and have compassion.

Anyone with moms like this are welcome to join my mom in the "OFFICIAL STONING PRACTICE SESSION" The location and date will be coming out in the next Kingdumb Ministry. My mom looks forward to it, and can't wait to join up with all the other true dubs to show off her great faith in the borg.

• merfi
    merfi

This is basically what the elders in my JC told me -- that if I'd lived in those times, I'd be deserving of death. Thanks guys.

It was one of the catalysts of my DA a couple days after that.

~merfi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit