another surgery for her

by BlackSwan of Memphis 11 Replies latest jw friends

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Ok Hannah's facing another surgery.

Here's the deal:

Last week they found something behind her right ear drum. They did a cat scan while she was in the hospital. I didn't mention it, because honestly, I didn't think it was anything.

Apparently it's called a choleastoma. They need to remove it and do an exploratory surgery to see what kind of damage this thing has done. They think she has had it since birth, so that would be 6 years that it has been growing. I asked if it would affect the hearing, he nodded and said yes.

At this point we don't know how affected her hearing is or how extensive this choleastoma is.

Here's a link to what a choleastoma is:

http://www.advancedentpc.com/choleastoma.htm

SO

Tomorrow she's going in for a hearing test and we'll talk to the doctor again.

The surgery is January 8.

She has done really well from the surgery. She's bouncing around, happy. She is still pretty stuffed up.

The doctor's asst. said that she would probably be stuffed up for a few weeks. Other then that her breathing is already a little better.

I'll keep you guys posted. Thanks for all the well wishes and prayers so far

• freedomloverr
    freedomloverr

Hey girl....

I'm so sorry to hear about all that's been going on with your baby.

I'm thinking of all of you and hoping for the best.

love to you - freedomlover

• juni
    juni

Thanks for the link BlackSwan! Poor little thing. My heart goes out to all of the little kids and teens who are suffering so and their families who are coping.

Hugs,

Juni

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I sure hope that it hasn't effected her hearing. Wishing for the best!

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Thank you girls!

MrsMcD: Well, it wouldn't surprise us. She's pretty much non verbal. She can make sounds and noises, but cannot produce speech. And we've been wondering why for a bit. Her last hearing test, when she was 2 or 3 went fine. But this makes sense in a way. If it's been growing since birth and maybe wasn't so much an issue for the first few years, but as it's grown (I'm guessing here) maybe it's been slowly causing problems and therefore muddling up what she hears.

Like I said I'm guessing.

• unhappy
    unhappy

I'm really sorry for you all, my thoughts are with you during this difficult time.

I know what it's like to face surgery and illness at such a young age. I hope everyrhing goes well.

No longer unhappy XXX

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Here's hoping it's not too extensive and that the surgery will improve her hearing if it has been affected by this.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I am so sorry that Hannah is going through this.

I hope that everything turns out well

love

Linda

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Sorry to hear about the problems your little one is going through.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

(((black swan)))

I hope everything works out fine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit