When you left......

by nonamegiven 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• nonamegiven
    nonamegiven

seatrout, I'm not clear on what happened and what you want to know. You can PM me or post here, I'd be glad to help.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Well, I went to church. I don't attend one now, but that was the first thing I did.

I have never been big into partying or stuff like that, although I did go back to smoking, but that was more a stress thing then an indulgence. R rated movies didn't and still don't thrill me.

Yeap, church was my bad thing.

• mzliz
    mzliz

10 years ago, the first time, it was all about playing and partying. Everything " Forbidden". I didn't feel to bad about it then.

This time, its about spirituality which of course brought up more guilt then anything else i had tried. Its so refreshing to find something that fits your soul that doesn't sufficate, that makes you appreciate life. I

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I enjoyed sitting on my arse on Sunday afternoons watching football.

• Cindi_67
    Cindi_67

Like a lof of you here, R rated movies and then some, drinking a little bit more than I used to, I smoke believe it or not like once a week, 1 or 2. Sometimes I can go without one for two weeks straight. I guess is the rebel on me. Waking up late every Saturday and Sunday, mmmmm.

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

My first indulgence: Giving myself permission to go out to a bar for Karaoke and dancing. My ex-husband would never dance with me, not even at congregation get-togethers. I had SO LOVED dancing before I hooked up with him. Rediscovering that love helped me feel like a real human being again! And I liked the Karaoke places because there are limited options for music/ dancing where I live and, at least with the Karaoke, I'd get a mix of music to dance to.

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

As a family we bought many books, subject material evolution, Christian books with a different slant on them than that of the watchtower, and more so the reading of the bible.

It did not show us the true path back to God, but it did prove to us that the Wts were false,false,FALSE.

KT

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit