When you left......

by nonamegiven 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• delilah
    delilah

uh, well....I started buying greeting cards for all the holidays, and Christmas ornaments for the tree,I started to do things with my family, especially on Saturday mornings, instead of service. I put my kids in sports........I know ....Wooo....that's REALLY going over the top, isn't it?

• Sam87
    Sam87

i started going clubbing and drinking with mates (i started this just before i left). later on i got a 'worldly' girlfriend, recently ive been just living my life and making new friends with the so called 'worldly people'.

• Thegoodgirl
    Thegoodgirl

I started drinking. What fun! Then it made it even more easy to flirt with the boys. Thankfully, my first worldly friend pulled me aside and cautioned me not to give out my phone number so often. Hey, it was all new to me!

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

I enjoy my alone time.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Watching R rated movies again. I joined netflix and ordered all the movies I missed. Its funny in the beginning I felt like a teenager sneaking around behind my parents back - mind you I am 37 1/2!

• seatrout
    seatrout

I need some inside defector info relating to the above scenario. If anyone has any experience of the above, it would be much appreciated (former Elders especially so)?

I once fell deeply in love with a JW (and vice versa). Before I left work some dubs came to my house to convert me. However, I refused to go in the end since we had a very serious fallout a few weeks beforehand (the details I'll spare since the cause of the row was very convoluted).

A couple of months later I entered her congregation in the hope of trying to salvage the relationship. However, she wasn't there on both occasions and so I phoned her up to tell her of 'the good news of my conversion'. Her mother answered and told her who it was and I heard her in background that she did not want to speak to me and she wanted rid. If my memory is still good and true I don't think her mother had time to tell her that I had come into the faith before I hung up. The point is that this incident caused me to leave for good.

My question is this: Would the Elders have disciplined her or would the whole incident have been blissfully ignored? If they (the Elders) were required to do anything what would they have likely done?

Many years have passed since then. After employing a company earlier in the year to run a trace I was told that she would to respond if sent in my address details. So far nothing, (except for a couple of occasions where people who look and act suspiciously like dubs walking around my village).

Advice and experience welcome.

• pobthespazz
    pobthespazz

Because I led a real proper double life like thousands of dubs do , the forbidden stuff was never much of an issue , you soon grow out of it.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Enjoying a relaxing Sunday morning with the NYT unencumbered by meetings or service is a pleasure that continue to enjoy.

• hambeak
    hambeak

Stopped feeling condemned for a double life. Actually made some real friends, finished college

• hambeak
    hambeak

Stopped feeling condemned for a double life. Actually made some real friends, finished college

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit