How Jw's will begin to 'accept' blood doctrinally.

by AK - Jeff 24 Replies latest watchtower medical

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Jeff, I believe you are jumping ahead of the organization here. We must be patient and not push ahead.

tsof

• becca1
    becca1

Jeff: I just got back form the service meeting and was telling my husband that I felt the Society would soon find a way to say the "new light"is that to abstain from blood we must not eat or drink it, any other use is a conscience matter. Then I logged on to JWD and read this post. I agree completly with your point of view, this fraction thing is just to get people used to the idea of taking blood so they won't freak out when the ban is totally lifted.

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

Ya know, I wish I had had this kind of info before having had a major bloody surgery. I agonized--as an inactive JW, on the edge of leaving but with family members on the inside--about this issue for two years before finally consenting to the much needed [pain-relieving!!!] surgery. I received 4 units of blood--which is a lot, for those who don't know...shows how much blood loss really was involved.

Then my non-JW relative blurts out to a JW relative about the transfusion. I spent the next two months absolutely paranoid about the backlash/ consequences. But I started thinking along the lines of what I now see on the thread here: Conscience matter...I can't see them actively disfellowshipping someone for it...lawsuits, etc. 'Don't ask, don't tell' came to mind too. I'm still not sure if the JW relative caught the comment or not, but now my paranoia/ concern is not about disfellowshipping but about the influence this JW relative [with whom I'm on the outs already, regardless] has over my other JW family members. Already a concern; intensified now if this person is armed with this attitude and this information.

• JapanBoy
    JapanBoy

Reading thru the Nov KM insert it is so confusing to the average person [intentionally so] that now it is just up to ones bible trained conscience. the blood thing is really a tragedy. K

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Good writing Jeff. It almost sounded like it belonged in a Watch&Cower or Asleep.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit