How Jw's will begin to 'accept' blood doctrinally.

by AK - Jeff 24 Replies latest watchtower medical

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Once upon a time, blood in any form was rejected by Jw's. Then, over time, they morphed the policies to allow some 'fractions' or blood. This allowed witnesses to get immunizations, treatments for hemophilia, etc.

IN the past few years now, the policy is allowing greater 'definition' of 'fractions' - to the point where even Bovine RBC's, altered to be called a 'fraction' now, due to processing the hemoglobin from the cells, for use.

What is the next step in the 'process' of 'new light'?

I believe it will be fairly simple; they will begin to call 'The four primary components' of blood, just 'fractions'. They can run a circular argument better than anyone around, as we know. They just develop a position that says; Blood 'components' is just a mad made idea, that any part of the blood could be constituted a 'fraction', since that is the meaning of the word. Therefore the only 'verbotten' use of blood medically would become the transfusion of 'whole blood'.

This would allow the witnesses to use plasma, RBC, WBC transfusions as components. This would save most lives, and eliminate many problems medically, as whole blood is not used all that often to begin with.

The next step is down the road some years from that - once the JW's are used to being able to use blood components. The WTS is no longer killing people with it's policy, memories have faded regarding the damage done, and witnesses are not even aware [as sheep are prone to forget old light in few years - then even deny it to defend the organization]. The GB 'discovers' that the prohibition in Acts applies simply to 'eating of blood for food' - which is how most mainstream religions see it anyway - and the 'new light' would then allow 'whole blood' use medically.

Of course, skilled manipulators of the policy [including those on the HLC's] will have effectively done the same for years anyway - instead of 'whole blood' - they would have ordered the infusion of the four separate 'components' in places where whole blood is called for anyway.

By doing it this way they eliminate the lawsuit thread [or at least reduce it] due to time passing. They get to have 'new light' that will be rejoiced in by the flock who always thought it suspicious or confusing to begin with, and the concrete policies of the past have vanished without a trace.

Forty years later, the dubs will be denying to those one the doors that they ever had such a policy, just like they deny the 1975 debacle now.

Anyway, just a postulation that I could see happening.

Jeff

• Zico
    Zico

Whenever they tried to get rid of an old teaching, or policy, they do it by fazing it out, and hoping people forget about it. They will have a much harder time doing this with the blood doctrine becuase of the NO Blood Card. It is a yearly reminder of the teaching, and many Witnesses are proud of their blood card. It is a sign of their identity that they would not want to lose. They're also famous for this doctrine, getting rid of it would get a lot of press attention. If they ever get rid of it, there will be a lot more focus on it than any previous old light they've ever got rid of, and they hate people focusing on the old light, especially since this one would upset a lot of older Dubs. Blood components are a possibility, but I find it hard to see them ever allowing Whole blood.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    Blood components are a possibility, but I find it hard to see them ever allowing Whole blood.

This is my point Zico. The allowance of whole blood would be way down the road, but in effect they would have been allowing it for many years by the allowance of the 'primary components'. I am talking 20 years down the road here. Just a theory. As far as the 'No Blood' card - that would be altered in each adjustment of thinking. Jeff

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Actually the "whole blood" thing is a nonissue anyway. Medicine never transfuses whole blood anymore. Its all fractionalized. The end of the blood doctrine is prolly closer than we think. Let jaracz and some other moldies kick the bucket. Once the lawyers really start running the place the blood issue with be mootimus maximus.

• Clam
    Clam
    Actually the "whole blood" thing is a nonissue anyway. Medicine never transfuses whole blood anymore. Its all fractionalized.

Yep. This was where I was going. I'm not sure if the rank and file knows this, or indeed most HLC bods. If you look through the maze, blood transfusions ARE now allowed.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Corporations outlive people. They will allow whole blood when potential suers will be long dead imho.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    The end of the blood doctrine is prolly closer than we think. Let jaracz and some other moldies kick the bucket.

I forget who's left...Jaracz, Barr, and Barber? Schroeder and Sydlik are gone, last I recall...

Once the Old Guard is gone, and a few years hence, I could see them quietly drowning the "no main component" part of the blood issue. As it stands now, I'm guessing there are more than enough fractions allowed to save lives....so if a dub chooses to die, it was because his "Bible-trained conscience" prevented from taking a certain acceptable fraction.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

The WTS has already set firm ground on which to tolerate Jehovah’s Witnesses accepting transfusion of red cells, white cells, platelets or plasma.

For example, just take a look at the most recent WTS presentation. The current WTS outline for covering the subject asks the question, “What are blood fractions, and why is their use a matter for each Christian to decide?” The answer provided within the November Kingdom Ministry states, “The Bible does not give specific direction on the subject of fractions.” This reason why fractions is “a matter for each Christian to decideis also true of red cells, white cells, platelets and plasma. So moving forward the WTS has only to express that based on the same reason it is now a matter for each Jehovah’s Witness to decide whether to accept or decline transfusions of red cells, white cells, platelets or plasma.

When the WTS takes this next step will be determined politically.

Marvin Shilmer, who knows the WTS’ dishonesty has no bounds

• minimus
    minimus

Jeff, I suggest you send this thread to the Society, in case they haven't thought about how they might not lose face.

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym
    Jeff, I suggest you send this thread to the Society, in case they haven't thought about how they might not lose face.

I agree!! ... too funny.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit