Heard at a JW family get-together...

by Justice-One 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Justice-One
    Justice-One

My wife and I (and of course not our two sons because they are DF'ed) got invited over to my Mother and Father-In-Laws place for dinner last night. At first, I wasn't going to go, and then I thought....well this might be fun. So I went. BTW, I knew that pretty much all of the family was going to be there, including two Elders...my Father in law, and my brother in law...both brain dead "true believers." Since I knew that they were not going to give me the time of day, and that I would have to be content with just eating and being ignored, I took along some reading material. Of course it had to be something that would piss them off, so I took "Patriots, Surviving The Coming Collapse." So as the evening progressed, I just sat in the corner and read...keeping an ear out to hear all the nonsense they talk about. Then I heard the subject of the UN come up, and they were talking about "the beast." So I spoke up....I said "you know I hate the UN too. They are completely useless, as all they do is talk. Personally I think the US should never have joined the UN....but I heard they and "others" did it because they have a GREAT library." ....Silence....I looked up and the two Elders were just staring at me. I went back to reading my book.

• Bryan
    Bryan

Priceless!

• skyking
  • dedpoet
    dedpoet

Good work, J-One.

• Honesty
    Honesty

You party pooper.

• crazyblondeb
  • Backed away
    Backed away

Bravo!, timing is everything, I wished I could of seen the look on the drones faces. they are not use to hearing the "Truth" you know..

Thanks for that J-one

• Clam
    Clam

Hehe good one, I too love slipping the Dubs in my family the bad tasting medicine when I get the chance -

also LOL @

both brain dead "true believers."

Clam

• Justice-One
    Justice-One

Yeah, I was a little surprised there was no follow up. I was ready with the "well, I guess I can join the YMCA now...if I just want to use the pool."

• pobthespazz
    pobthespazz

Good stuff!!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit