It's not even December, and it's snowing in Seattle

by Mulan 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Gregor
    Gregor

Started snowing here in the Columbia Gorge about 5 am, Got about 3-4 inches so far which is up to the knees on our two chihuahuas. They don't like it. Ran back in the house and jumped into their heated beds.

• fokyc
    fokyc

No pictures?

fokyc

• Mulan
    Mulan

Well...........it started raining and the snow was almost gone, so we went to the Mall to do some Christmas shopping. When we came out, it was snowing really hard and accumulating fast.

We were almost home and slid into a ditch. About a dozen really nice people stopped to help us and we got pulled out. It doesn't look like the car got damaged. It is snowing really hard now and the temperatures are going down and down. The weather report is saying an accumulation of 1-4 inches is expected.

Amazing how nice "worldly" people are.

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

I lucked out. I was up there last weekend with my son and his girlfriend for a band event. I decided to drive out to visit some friends at a church on Beacon Hill and got freaked out by driving on Spokane St. I can't imagine doing it with snow and slippery roads.

Seattle is a pretty city. Wish I'd had more time to visit some of the highlights when I was there.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956
    We're expecting snow and freezing temps in the 20's tomorrow through Wednesday in Portland, Oregon.

NO! Never say the S word! BAD - gawd I hate the snow!

Sherry

• restrangled
    restrangled

Being born and raised in Chicago, I really miss the first snows. (now living in Florida)

That first heavy fall of huge flakes, the beautiful quiet in the streets after it stops. Ice on the trees ....it was a real wonderland.

Here in Florida we had an 80 degree day. The leaves are falling but don't turn color. They just make a mess of the pool, clog the filter and I can enjoy 4 months of the same. The lawn will still have to be mowed periodically and weeds will try to take over because the grass isn't growing. The banana trees will start to wilt and turn yellow and if we have a freeze the trunks turn into 300 pound wet dead stalks that have to be cut down and carried to the curb in 4 foot chunks. I have 8 of them over 10 feet. I will have a mess on my hands the entire winter!

Everytime it gets into the 40's at night, all the stinking plants have to be carried in and babied along with watching for any bugs or lizards in for the ride. ARGGGG!

So I am happy for your snow, it sounds wonderful right now.....

r.

• Princess
    Princess

I woke up at 5am to get downtown Seattle for the Seattle (half) Marathon this morning. The last three years have been stunningly beautiful clear days for the marathon. This morning it was snowing lightly as my friend and I drove to the start. By the time we parked and got to the start line, it was mostly raining. It rained the entire 13.1 miles.

I wish it had snowed instead!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit