Were You Ever a Victim of Jealousy?

by compound complex 36 Replies latest jw experiences

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    I usually just belt out the tune "You Are The Wind Beneath My Wings", and any jealously anyone is feeling towards me seems to melt away.

Any tips on dealing with pity?

Ok, I will bite. I fyou sing the song above as horribly as you do 'Muscrat Love'...well, I think we all can rest assured that jealousy is the last thing from anyones mind as you belt it out. They indeed might feel pity for such a silly singer.

PS.... Don't Pity, it makes a person seem so absolutely arrogant. It is like giving out grace. You know what I mean. And don't accept pity either. You KNOW better than to be a straight male in Texas USA and be singing Bette Midler like that. Hell Six. I thought you knew better.

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

yes

• Ellie
    Ellie

Yes, the one situation which stands out in my memory was when I was around 19, I had left the truth but still had the odd study in a different congregation.

The sister studying with me was an old lady, she was very kind and I spent a lot of time around her flat, she also studied with a middle aged woman who I became quite friendly with, we'd go shopping together and she invited me around her house sometimes for a meal.

Anyway, I was quite unaware there was any ill feeling there between the 2 women, until one night at the Kingdom Hall, the lady I studied with offered me a lift home but I had already arranged to go out for a drink with the middle aged woman.

Well it resulted in an arguement breaking out between the two in the kingdom hall, put me off big time that did.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Thanks, CoCo. Yes the Bible says it is Rottenness to the bones... It is!!!! Not only towards others but it is more damaging to the one that IS Jealous.... >>>> I had a very handsome husband.... I am very plain. Folks used to ask me "How did you catch him" But when you know I was pregnant & in MY day they were forced to marry you...Women used to come on to him often,(of course he was quite normal & loved it) but I would be so Jealous because I adored him & knew I could never measure up. ..When he was dying he told me how much he appreciated my love. & how sorry he was for his escapades...That is when I realized what a wasted time I had with Jealousy...I do not have a jealous bone in my body now.I learned it was a wasting decease. The only reason I am bearing my soul NOW at this late age. Is because if any on here are jealous.Work to overcome it. I wasted so much time with it.

"You Are The Wind Beneath My Wings", I love that song!!!!

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

When I was appointed a ministerial servant, which happened less than 2 years after I was bapitsed, there was a brother in the same hall who had been hoping for appointment fro a few years, but hadn't been recommended, and he made it quite obvious that he resented my appointment, and went out of his way to pick fault with most things I did. I brushed it off easily enough, but came to the conclusion that his attitude might have been the reason for him not being appointed, he had a few qualities, but humility wasn't among them.

As far as I know, he has never been appointed, though he was still attending meetings when Linda left last year.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I am now old enough to see my rivals left in the dust. Taking the long view, I am sorry for the jealous types. They will always have the rotten end of the deal, because they have to live with themselves every single day. As I've learned from painful experience, they are not all that pleasant to be around. At least I have the option of walking away.

Don't waste brain space on these people. Go find some great humans to hang with, and the former "friends" will be a fading memory.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Yes - but they didn't display it directly toward me, it was revealed in what they said to others and it was quite painful when I found out.

When you're just starting to put a life together and someone you thought was a friend is jealous of almost everything you do

• jgnat
    jgnat

Another thought, "victim" is the wrong word. Because Jealousy is a boomerang that does more damage to the hurler than to the target.

• mzliz
    mzliz

Hi, well in and out of the troof........

In it some of the girls who were still single at the OLD AGE of 26 would exclude me when the precious much desired bethelites came into town, which to me is jealousy when you have to be rude to someone when you see them as a threat. I just remember them inviting others to parties in front of me at the hall, and how much it hurt my feelings. I guess I was jealous that i wasnt included!!

And since ive been out one of my longtime friends let me know that my successes make her resentful. weather it was my BF a couple of years ago, coming child career eetc. That must suck, my life is finally coming together and it burns her to watch, time to cut the ties? I get jealous of people who look like they have it all together all the time, then i remind myself that actually no one does so get over it!!

• blondie
    blondie

With an atmosphere to excel in the eyes of humans to get "privileges," the WTS is a hotbed of jealousy.

My problem is that I found out that some witnesses will even lie to drag you down, even lies that can even easily be proved lies. Then the elders tell the one lied about that they should forgive the liar and overlook the whole thing without the liar apologizing to the one they lied about or going to the people they lied to and correcting the lie.

They somehow think that lies are of no importance although the bible puts lying in the same category as other sins that lead to eternal death.

Revelation 21:8

But for the rest—the feckless and faithless, degenerates and murderers, sex peddlers and sorcerers, idolaters and all liars—for them it's Lake Fire and Brimstone. Second death!"

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit