Were You Ever a Victim of Jealousy?

by compound complex 36 Replies latest jw experiences

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Friends,

Despite our noble intentions and the hope that we'll behave ourselves, we are downright human. I just saw BEACHES again last night (bought the used tape for four bucks) and was reminded how that evil, green-eyed monster can destroy the best of relationships. I observed it at Bethel, in the congregation, in family life and at work. Did you ever have to deal with it? What was the solution? Fight or flight? biting your tongue till it bled? becoming a philosopher? prayer and supplication? I'm sure we're all still dealing with some bad memories. Please share your feelings if it isn't too painful. Thanx much.

A rottenness to the bones,

CoCo

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

In or out of the wt?

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Lonelysheep,

Thanx for your question-------ANYWHERE, in and among members of the human race. There's surely enough inside the Tower, though (probably worse there, from our collective standpoint!).

CoCo

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

yes

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Well, thus far, I've gravated toward jobs and positions that generally don't lead to jealousy. That being said, I bite my tongue and find someone to bitch to.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Thanks, CoCo.

Yes, I have been a victim of jealousy from former friends.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

*duplicate*

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I usually just belt out the tune "You Are The Wind Beneath My Wings", and any jealously anyone is feeling towards me seems to melt away.

Any tips on dealing with pity?

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Fellow-Sufferers of old Green Eyes,

Well, Abandoned, you are certainly free to b---h here. We listen, as you well know!

Poor Lonely, what a sad way to lose friends. I hope you've come to terms with the loss. Also, I've seen it go both ways, like in BEACHES, C.C. is jealous of Hillary; Hillary, come to find out, is jealous of C.C. You feel so helpless because your friend really must have loved you but is simply overcome by, perhaps, feelings of insecurity or inferiority that are heightened in your presence. Love/hate/love--it can be an emotional nightmare for both parties.

IP-SEC, thanx for joining us!

SIXofNINE, If that incredible melody and lyrics can't do it, then maybe there is no hope. You mean that your singing it lays to rest the heart of the jealous one? And tips on pity--how to feel it or show it toward those who cannot control their jealousy? More, please. I no longer feel anger toward someone whose insecurity, manifesting itself in scenes of jealousy, wrought havoc on the lives of so many. But she knew she had the problem and sought forgiveness. Still, the grief....

CoCo

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I dealt with the losses ok.

I've also been a victim of jealousy by being jealous myself. I still use the term victim because you can hurt yourself by unknowingly hurting others, and do some damage to the relationships. Once there, I did let go of the ability to think logically and control my speech. While in that vulnerable state, a person is left open for such emotions in the first place. It is amazing how quickly you can become exactly what you hate!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit