LITERATURE DENIED for NONPAYMENT. Has this occured on congo level?

by uwishufish 56 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

conor:

From page 1, 27 November 2006:

I thought I'd tell you of an experience some years ago when I served as an elder in Jersey City, New Jersey, during the first month of the change from selling books to the "Voluntary Donation" system. It seemed everyone one and their mothers decided that now was a good time to stock their libraries. Pioneers were now doubling up on their magazines for service. Witnesses who rarely bought anything, were now ordering, the New World Translation on Tapes [which, when price sold for over $100.00] everything and anything was being ordered. I was in charge of the literature counter. The invoices included in the orders were now dollarless. Three months later, the elders received a letter from the Society. It basically stated that they [the Society] noticed an enormous increase in literature orders. That the congregation had made purchases of some $3,000.00 and our donations were only somehere around $500.00. They told us we [the congregation] owed the Society $2,300.00. I'm thinking to myself..."hey wait a minute, isn't the literature "FREE" on voluntary donations?" Obviously not! The Society had it all planned out. In the envelope was another letter, addressed to the congregation. That letter basically told of the great work the Society was doing and how support was needed.

In view of that I had announced that we [the congregation] were donating to the Society from the congregation fund $2,500.00 for the World Wide Work.

Rolando Rodriguez

the address of the congregation:

Jersey City West Congregation
    582 Bramhall Avenue
    Jersey City,NJ 07304

• conoroberst
    conoroberst

mr compund, thats a pretty specific email , thanks i would love to see the letter from the branch

i would like to hold out for a uk example of this as i am uk-london based and know folk in the branch who may be able to interagate the systems to confirm, but anyway, can you scan and post the letter, there is so much lame aniti dub propoganda on this site, i would be interested in some well evidenced stuff instead,, you seem like the kinda gut who can do this, please dont let me down

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hi conor,

In my first answer to you, click onto Rolando Rodriguez (blue letters).

He may have some answers for you. You're right to demand specifics. Go for it!

Thanks,

CoCo

• compound complex
    compound complex

1300 new reads since resurrected a few days ago.

I guess old news can become "new" news ...

Yes?

CoCo

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass
    I think the magazine side of things suffered more from the "no charge" system. Because many publishers didn't put any money in the KH box until they had actually placed them.

I'm glad to hear that from a literature guy. Not that I was big on placements, but I didn't ever once, *ever* receive a donation for a placement, so there's no way I was paying for them myself, in fact it was about then that I stopped going out on the preach and when I moved congregations I ordered only one of each mag for myself. The literature guy told me to at least 'be confident' and order two of each so I have something to try to offer, but he didn't twist my arm.

• cognac
    cognac

bttt

• cognac
    cognac

Ok, I just got through reading this so I'm now finally ready to comment, lol.

That's probably why we have been getting so many local needs talks about donating more money. I also know of several other surrounding cong. getting counsel on the platform regarding it. However, just because they are constantly asking for money doesn't mean that they are actually going to get it, lol. I think a lot of people justify themselves out of having to give because they all have pay for gas, kh clothes, helping others in the kh, etc... So, they feel they already do enough. That's probably why the same cong will hear the same counsel over and over again.

I don't really think they would dare cut off literature entirely. Maybe just take forever to send there specialty literature, but that's about it. I really think the society is screwed over big time by this arrangement...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit